Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

GhostlyGoofy

Listen, I'm all against immature idiots, their rise of popularity through social media, and, naturally, theft. But let's be better than him.

Demeaning his relatives and his associates by revealing their personal information is doxxing, and that's not OK. We may not do anything with that information ourselves, but once it's out there it's out of our control.

Sure, he's finally got what's been coming for him all this time, and this information is not hard to find if you've got an hour or so free to yourself - but it's really not the right thing to do.

Be better than BackDoorDisney.
You're correct. I was heated and have deleted my original comment. I can't delete quoted comments though. Maybe this thread should be locked or the last two pages deleted.

Kobe!!

Patrick Spikes cousins birthday as per the arrest Information is 07-12-1995. So it seems the id is an anagram for the year with an addition of an extra character at the end.
I saw this earlier too but took it w a grain of salt. Maybe I’m not that crazy after all. Haha

Gringrinngghost

Listen, I'm all against immature idiots, their rise of popularity through social media, and, naturally, theft. But let's be better than him.

Demeaning his relatives and his associates by revealing their personal information is doxxing, and that's not OK. We may not do anything with that information ourselves, but once it's out there it's out of our control.

Sure, he's finally got what's been coming for him all this time, and this information is not hard to find if you've got an hour or so free to yourself - but it's really not the right thing to do.

Be better than BackDoorDisney.
Just to throw out there, Florida is an immensely public record state, down to Voter ID numbers. There is a line on doxxing. While yes, information such as my post that includes a birthday can be seen as a doxxing matter, it’s still easily obtainable.
Though ethically questionable, doxing is usually legal. Technically, it is perfectly within one's legal rights to find someone's publicly available information and post it online. If the information posted online was obtained illegally--for example, through hacking--there could be criminal charges in store for whoever obtained and revealed it. The intent of the doxer may also come into play. Doxing that is meant to intimidate, threaten, harass or lead to threats against someone could lead to legal trouble. In addition, if someone's personal details are obtained through a private rather than public source, the victim could have ground to file a lawsuit for invasion of privacy. The best thing is for the posts to be judged on a case by case basis, and then forth determined.

glawio

Weeeeeeeell...this ain't great news.

Taran85

What's funny is that his next podcast was going to be about the underground black market about trading/selling Disney props, Also there is an archive twitter account for Backdoor Disney still running and there's also the possibility Disney may want to file a civil suit against him.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

The BackDoorDisney site seems like the only thing left since the Twitter and Instagram accounts are goneView attachment 374083
Might want to add a heads up for anyone easily offended...DO NOT click "home" on the website. There's an unavoidable pic some may not want to see.

ETA: The site is actually barren aside from three pics. Any videos that used to be present are gone (if there were any to begin with?).

Last edited:

glawio

The BackDoorDisney site seems like the only thing left since the Twitter and Instagram accounts are goneView attachment 374083

Feeling the need to warn everyone that if you go poking around this website, for reasons I absolutely cannot wrap my head around, there is a photo of a huge adult toy with BUZZY written on it in permanent marker. It used to be the very first thing that would pop up instantly when you tried to load his blog.

dgauthier

Cajun Transplant
He didn’t take Buzzy’s clothes. Just some stuff from Haunted Mansion. However the “separate cases” part has me concerned 😬
Sure looks like it
On December 18, 2018, I was made aware that another Disney employee had photographs sent to him from Spikes showing the stolen Buzzy animatronic clothing in his vehicle. Also seen in the photographs was a tan backpack that was later learned to be used to conceal the stolen clothing in both the Buzzy clothing case and this case. Controlled text messages were sent where Spikes initially denied any part in the theft but knew the stolen Buzzy clothes were sold for $8,000.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom