Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

Smiley/OCD

He doesn't have a free lawyer. Once his full info got released to the public record on the orange county clerk site it wasn't hard to google he comes from money. Parents own a chain of grocery stores. The mascot is porcine. Get your googlin' fingers ready.

That's the kicker. it appears he's already wealthy and set for life and stealing for kicks. Looks like it caught up to him.
Can't wait for the IRS to start chompin' at that bit...

Smiley/OCD

They will, too. My ex-BIL sold about $22,000 worth of sports memorabilia through eBay/Paypal without letting my sister know and without sharing the money (even though their household money paid for many of the items). He finally had to come clean because of the taxes.
Yup, over the past couple of years, eBay alerted all of its sellers that sales OVER 20K annually now get reported to the IRS...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This guy obviously had something to do with Buzzy. They wouldn’t have photos of his clothes on his phone if not. They must be charging him in what they can for now while continuing to investigate further on the animatronic.

Yeah, he did have something to do with Buzzy, he either stole or fenced his clothes.

Nowhere in the police report did they say they found pictures of Buzzy being in his possession, like with the clothes. Also, like with the HM, he stole clothes and small props, not any of the AAs.

Buzzy wasn't stolen.

Smiley/OCD

He doesn't have a free lawyer. Once his full info got released to the public record on the orange county clerk site it wasn't hard to google he comes from money. Parents own a chain of grocery stores. The mascot is porcine. Get your googlin' fingers ready.

That's the kicker. it appears he's already wealthy and set for life and stealing for kicks. Looks like it caught up to him.
I'm VERY sorry that he's not with us anymore, but thank goodness Johnny Cochran is not practicing law anymore...I can just see it now..."He didn't take Buzzy, the prosecution's case is all fuzzy"...

flynnibus

Premium Member
My bet is the attorney needs to fight the evidence discovered on the phone... try to get that excluded somehow, and then fight that the evidence doesn't actually make it him that did the actions. But the evidence from Disney's side is going to go against him pretty bad when they say oh they just conveniently overlap, etc. Unless the phone evidence gets thrown out.. or the buyer testimony gets invalidated some way... this guy is facing real jail time. And then there is the accomplice. Expect the DA to try to get the lesser kid to plead the blurgerly charge down to a lesser charge to testify against spikes.

He's facing a first degree felony for the burglary charge.. second degree for the fencing, and third degree for the grand theft. Florida has mandatory minimum sentencing based on a calculation. He could be facing 2yr *minimum* jail sentence if convicted on all three charges.

I still think given the white collar nature of it all.. they'd work out something to avoid jail time... suspended sentence, probation, etc.. but I think it's highly likely this kid is going down with multiple felony charges sticking.

janoimagine

It also says they have 17 other items stolen and sold by Spikes and will open other investigations into them. He’s already looking at 3 felonies just for selling the HM dress and stealing 11 HM items (only mentions the dress as being sold). And that’s just the items he sold to one person for around $9000 total. He apparently sold other items to another person for $21000.

And they’ve been using his online postings as direct evidence, along with photos taken from his phone from a search warrant... which they obtained because he brought the phone with him to a voluntary meeting with the police.
This is advanced stupid.
Wonder if he reported that income to the IRS ... if they get wind of it, it could get even worse for him.

Kobe!!

My bet is the attorney needs to fight the evidence discovered on the phone... try to get that excluded somehow, and then fight that the evidence doesn't actually make it him that did the actions. But the evidence from Disney's side is going to go against him pretty bad when they say oh they just conveniently overlap, etc. Unless the phone evidence gets thrown out.. or the buyer testimony gets invalidated some way... this guy is facing real jail time. And then there is the accomplice. Expect the DA to try to get the lesser kid to plead the blurgerly charge down to a lesser charge to testify against spikes.

He's facing a first degree felony for the burglary charge.. second degree for the fencing, and third degree for the grand theft. Florida has mandatory minimum sentencing based on a calculation. He could be facing 2yr *minimum* jail sentence if convicted on all three charges.

I still think given the white collar nature of it all.. they'd work out something to avoid jail time... suspended sentence, probation, etc.. but I think it's highly likely this kid is going down with multiple felony charges sticking.
According to Publicly accessible Orange County Clerk records in December his Attorney was zahra umansky. Her law firm is pretty high profile and she's been a cable news talking head. So pretty pricey... that probably counted as his Christmas gift.
Gonna be tough. the evidence is literally his well documented face wearing the stolen merch and deposits into his PayPal account.

I did a quick search on this since it's Sunday and I don't have much going on today...

Here's his cousin's booking pic / info: https://bustednewspaper.com/blaytin...rrest-booking-mugshot-osceola-county-florida/

Kobe!!

Also, I'm sure the police or someone already noticed this but the CM ID # was 00712592.

Call me crazy but that's 007 for James bond and then maybe a birthday of 12/5/92... I hope someone reading this see this and can find a correlation.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Gonna be tough. the evidence is literally his well documented face wearing the stolen merch and deposits into his PayPal account.

I have deposits into my paypal account.. doesn't mean I stole the wig. That's why they need the testimony from the other party. Lawyer will also argue the photos aren't of the stolen merchandise but of fakes or something else entirely. Lots of angles.. but first step is to try to get the photo evidence thrown out all together if possible.. then you work on how to counter each.

On paper its a strong case, but the evidence has to hold up too. Lawyers earn their keep using the law to defend their person.. so I don't claim anything until the end. But they do have evidence coming from multiple angles... and I bet the cousin flips on spikes. That's why I think the felonies are gonna stick... if he actually gets county jail time vs being suspended... dunno.

Kobe!!

I have deposits into my paypal account.. doesn't mean I stole the wig. That's why they need the testimony from the other party. Lawyer will also argue the photos aren't of the stolen merchandise but of fakes or something else entirely. Lots of angles.. but first step is to try to get the photo evidence thrown out all together if possible.. then you work on how to counter each.

On paper its a strong case, but the evidence has to hold up too. Lawyers earn their keep using the law to defend their person.. so I don't claim anything until the end. But they do have evidence coming from multiple angles... and I bet the cousin flips on spikes. That's why I think the felonies are gonna stick... if he actually gets county jail time vs being suspended... dunno.
I wonder if he got paid on Paypal as friends/family or good/services? If it was good and services paypal got a cut of that money. lol

Brer Oswald

Yeah, he did have something to do with Buzzy, he either stole or fenced his clothes.

Nowhere in the police report did they say they found pictures of Buzzy being in his possession, like with the clothes. Also, like with the HM, he stole clothes and small props, not any of the AAs.

Buzzy wasn't stolen.
I might as well share this cause what’s the point, he’s a criminal now. From what I was told, he didn’t steal the clothes but he “knew” who did. The person in possession of the clothes was female, and apparently you could see this in the pictures on his phone. Maybe he was an accomplice in the theft of the clothes? The HM thing I didn’t hear of.

Of course, he could just be lying about that, like he did when he explained his means of obtaining the Runaway Railway blueprints.

I thought he was innocent at first, but I don’t think you’d be running cross country from the cops if you truly were.

flynnibus

Premium Member
According to the most recent police report, The buyer did admit to purchasing the dress and other items from Spikes. He handed the dress over along with 17/18 other items he stated were from spikes. That plus the pictures of the culprits with the stolen merch are pretty damaging.

Even if the cousins didn't sell the props they posed for photos with them all in GPS stamped pictures, proving the items were taken off WDW property. That alone is grand theft.

They need the party to testify in court or in disposition. The defense has the right to cross-examine. The photos only prove his phone was with the items, not that he took them, etc. That's why the case requires multiple elements, not just one... and the defense will work to undermine or eliminate as many as possible to make the case more circumstantial. Having the buyer is a big piece.. especially since he was able to return at least some of the pieces, which is strong cooberation of his story.. when you piece together the payments, the property, verified by disney, and can tie the payments to spike directly.

Bleed0range

Buzzy wasn't stolen.

Well nobody knows for sure if Buzzy was stolen. So you don’t really know. If he was, strong evidence points to this guy. Especially now that they know he sold off HM props. Where there’s smoke there’s fire.

brb1006

Is there a photo of the mascot?

GlacierGlacier

Listen, I'm all against immature idiots, their rise of popularity through social media, and, naturally, theft. But let's be better than him.

Demeaning his relatives and his associates by revealing their personal information is doxxing, and that's not OK. We may not do anything with that information ourselves, but once it's out there it's out of our control.

Sure, he's finally got what's been coming for him all this time, and this information is not hard to find if you've got an hour or so free to yourself - but it's really not the right thing to do.

Be better than BackDoorDisney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom