Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

flynnibus

Premium Member
I feel super weird about this. Why don't we have a police report for Buzzy specifically? Why is there one for just his clothes, and just the Haunted Mansion clothes, but not the animatronic himself? Why didn't Disney report him as stolen?

Because you guys are crossing and mixing things. You didn’t see a police report for the HM clothing either... you’ve seen it referenced in an affidavit used to request the arrest warrant.

There doesn’t have to be a police report of things missing before the police can investigate things that appear to be stolen. They found stuff on his phone that was obviously Disney things... so they went to Disney to follow up and Disney finds them missing.

The police are specifically keeping these charges limited to specifici activities... but are referencing over investigations to paint the picture of how they got to the evidence they are using to support these charges.

They noted nearly 30k in PayPal activity... you can bet they are continuing to pursue what other things he was dealing in.

Smiley/OCD

There's something to be said for "sticking it" to your employer that fired you by posting the stuff they don't want to people to see online. While still childish, it's not illegal and you can understand why someone would do it. It also is an interesting case because Disney has been lucky thus far that there hasn't been more widespread instances of former cast members doing that.

But to actually steal something, nearly get thrown in jail because of it, and then go back and steal again? That's another level of stupididy entirely.
The number one rule in retail management and LP when it comes to internal/external theft is that you NEVER get caught the first time...and every time you commit said crime you let your guard down just a tad until you get caught. I just don't understand why Disney just doesn't build a giant warehouse on property and guard it like Fort Knox. Alarms, armed security, motion detectors, etc. all in one building and just store everything in one central location. It's a lot easier keeping tabs at one location than multiple...and cheaper

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I read this as they learned of the theft in November, not six months later. It even says he was questioned about the theft in November.

"Detective Jessee Hinson and I spoke to Spikes in late November to determine if he had any information on the location of the stolen items. We had also recently learned that the entire Buzzy animatronic was later stolen from the attraction, separately from the clothing. Spikes denied any firsthand knowledge of the thefts, but provided vague information of people we could look into, but would not provide last names or specifics. Spikes stated he would contact us if he heard anything."

Thank-you. At least you understand the pluperfect tense.
The pluperfect (or plusquamperfect) is a type of verb form, generally treated as one of the tenses in certain languages, used to refer to an action at a time earlier than a time in the past already referred to. Examples in English are: "we had arrived"; "they had written".​

The narrative is what took place in the past, in November, during the time Spikes was interrogated. That is the time when they "had recently learned"(incorrectly) that Buzzy was stolen.

Again, they "learned" it. Not "discovered." Not "reported by Disney." This is what was being reported by the urbexers when they showed Buzzy "missing" in their photos.

MickeyMinnieMom

He's gone. Both his personal and main are deactivated. He'll be back most likely. Dunno when or how, but maybe it's for the best that he stays gone with current events in mind
If he was smart, he would have stayed gone after deleting his account last time he was arrested. Oh, and he never would have stolen, bragged about his backstage shenanigans, taunted Disney daily, etc., etc.

lazyboy97o

I find it difficult to believe that Disney personnel, officially authorized or no, would remove an animatronic by hacking away at the hydraulic lines like a serial killer with a machete rather than simply disconnect it the way it was supposed to be. And yes, I've seen photos of the lines post-removal.

To paraphrase Jenny Nicholson, "If I was going to throw out a microwave, I wouldn't cut the power cord with a pair of scissors. I would just unplug it because it's both easier and safer."
This assumes the connection points were still easily operable or of any concern.

Kobe!!

Patrick is only digging himself deeper.
The deeper he gets the more information we get to hear and see! ha
He's just a kid, give him a break...wait, are you talking about Dreamfinder? If so, he's just a kid
24 isn't a kid...
I know in the other thread months ago this was discussed, but Spikes is 24. He's an adult. And regardless of their age, anyone lining up with Spikes is not exactly showing the best judgment. In the immortal words of Kenny Rogers (google him, kids)...

You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
This.
His attorney must love that.
You mean his FREE attorney? smh. "Tax payer dollars" lmao
I feel super weird about this. Why don't we have a police report for Buzzy specifically? Why is there one for just his clothes, and just the Haunted Mansion clothes, but not the animatronic himself? Why didn't Disney report him as stolen?

I think it's important to note that the police report says "We learned the animatronic had been stolen," which isn't "Disney reported/Disney confirmed the animatronic had been stolen," or "We learned from Disney the animatronic had been stolen". The second you try to type anything about Buzzy/Cranium Command into Google it immediately autofills it to 'stolen'. Looking up anything about him will bring up tons and tons of information about him being apparently taken. It doesn't say where they learned this information...

Please don't flame me, I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just personally trying to hold out hope until we get an official statement from Disney over where he is...this whole thing makes me terribly sad...
You're not going to hear and see everything regarding Patrick and/or his friends. Hate to break it to you. Get over it now. lol
It's so satisfying when desperate, attention-seeking morons get what has long been coming to them.
Right? :)
I think this guy deserves a quote from Cranium Command itself "Use your head, don't lose your head!"
Was he even born to see or hear that in person? haha
The account doesn't exist as of this post at the moment. Possible people either reported him, or he deleted them himself.
Oh man, what am I going to do on my lazy Sunday now... smh.
He's gone. Both his personal and main are deactivated. He'll be back most likely. Dunno when or how, but maybe it's for the best that he stays gone with current events in mind
So his parents really did take away his keyboard. lol
If he was smart, he would have stayed gone after deleting his account last time he was arrested. Oh, and he never would have stolen, bragged about his backstage shenanigans, taunted Disney daily, etc., etc.
Like you said, "If he was smart..."
Hope you learned something about credibility and worthy from all this. Character isn’t built by twitter boldness. Be careful of who you buy into.
BackDoorDisney2.0 Coming Soon! smh.

MickeyMouse10

This could actually be made into a horror movie like "Chucky". I got the teaser trailer all planned out.

Deep voiced narrator - "He wanted to make some money. But he made a mistake and stole the wrong doll."

(Shows man running down a hallway, his pants are wet. Then it cuts to Buzzy who turns the corner. He has a wide smile and a large knife)

Buzzy - "I want to play with you."
Idiot thief - "NOOO, NOOO."

fade to black
Wonders of Death - Buzzy's Nightmare
(written in dripping blood red)

Last edited:

Bleed0range

This guy obviously had something to do with Buzzy. They wouldn’t have photos of his clothes on his phone if not. They must be charging him in what they can for now while continuing to investigate further on the animatronic.

Obviously he’s guilty. That’s not that hard to see based on everything we know and his childish taunting on social media. He’s pretty dumb. If he really made $30,000 off stolen property he would have been smart to NOT post a ton of backstage stuff online and draw attention to himself.

I’m glad to see they’ve been working on this for the past half year and finally got him. In time he’ll probably get charged on Buzzy.

seascape

This guy obviously had something to do with Buzzy. They wouldn’t have photos of his clothes on his phone if not. They must be charging him in what they can for now while continuing to investigate further on the animatronic.

Obviously he’s guilty. That’s not that hard to see based on everything we know and his childish taunting on social media. He’s pretty dumb. If he really made $30,000 off stolen property he would have been smart to NOT post a ton of backstage stuff online and draw attention to himself.

I’m glad to see they’ve been working on this for the past half year and finally got him. In time he’ll probably get charged on Buzzy.
It is up to the DA to prove he is guilty. He should not be assumed guilty until after all evidence is presented and the jury finds him guilty. Until the he is innocent even if he did steal Buzzy.

Bleed0range

It is up to the DA to prove he is guilty. He should not be assumed guilty until after all evidence is presented and the jury finds him guilty. Until the he is innocent even if he did steal Buzzy.

Yeah that’s how the law works but I think he’s guilty as can be and his attitude and the evidence seem to just reinforce that notion.

Goofyernmost

That’s exactly right.

I’m sure media outlets have asked to get their hands on any case file regarding an animatronic theft for months. OCSO obviously doesn’t have to release files about an active investigation.
You would then have to assume that there are a large number of people that give half a damn if Buzzy was stolen or not. Most do realize that he was an inactive, for a decade, piece of machinery. You folks are going off the deep end and acting like this was a real human and not something that could easily be reconstructed following the original schematics. Nut's bolts, wires and hydraulic fluid.

I say, he is safe and sound in some building or parts bin somewhere on Disney property. There will be no resurrection. If he wasn't reported to the authorities as stolen then it seems logical that he wasn't. You don't have an investigation without a missing object.

Kobe!!

The attorney he got ain’t free...
Do tell...
Even his videos have all be deleted from his Youtube Account.
Sounds like his parents took over. That's cute.

This.
He'll be found guilty.
He doesn't have a free lawyer. Once his full info got released to the public record on the orange county clerk site it wasn't hard to google he comes from money. Parents own a chain of grocery stores. The mascot is porcine. Get your googlin' fingers ready.

That's the kicker. it appears he's already wealthy and set for life and stealing for kicks. Looks like it caught up to him.
Link? PM me if you don't want to make it public. Thanks!
I laughed out loud upon googling this out of curiosity and saw that his father donated a whole bunch of bikes to children. He was on his personal Twitter a while ago bragging that HE was the one that bought and donated all the bikes. :rolleyes:
Leave his Dad out of this... he's a good guy! (Sarcasm)
You would then have to assume that there are a large number of people that give half a damn if Buzzy was stolen or not. Most do realize that he was an inactive, for a decade, piece of machinery. You folks are going off the deep end and acting like this was a real human and not something that could easily be reconstructed following the original schematics. Nut's bolts, wires and hydraulic fluid.

I say, he is safe and sound in some building or parts bin somewhere on Disney property. There will be no resurrection. If he wasn't reported to the authorities as stolen then it seems logical that he wasn't. You don't have an investigation without a missing object.
Regardless if he's found or not this kid is a loser and needs karma to come back around...

Goofyernmost

Regardless if he's found or not this kid is a loser and needs karma to come back around...
One probably has nothing to do with the other. Completely different stories. What I said was not a defense of the boy... it was a statement of is or isn't Buzzy actually missing. I say he isn't and we may never find out. I can assure you that my last thought on my death bed will not be... drat now I'll never know what happened to Buzzy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom