Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

Gringrinngghost

let’s go back to review some of the initial comments especially the one by Disney Author Leonard Kinsey whom wrote on twitter that the animatronic was stolen in an inside job for a private buyer. He was quoted as saying “And yes, obviously this was an inside job. 3+ people with tools and a ladder and a van with legit access to backstage. Apparently Disney knows the buyer, so my question is, can't they just take Buzzy back from him and arrest him for purchasing stolen property? #FindBuzzy” (Cite: ).

I’m not one to throw out a hyperbole, but according to the police report, that above tweet literally falls perfectly into the case. That it was an inside job with multiple people. one where police know the buyer (and I’m alluding to the clothes as in podcasts, it was said that WDI took buzzy). Also part of the arrest affidavit: “On December 18, 2018, I was made aware that another Disney employee had photographs sent to him from Spikes showing the stolen Buzzy animatronic clothing in his vehicle. Also seen in the photographs was a tan backpack that was later learned to be used to conceal the stolen clothing in both the Buzzy clothing case and this case. Controlled text messages were sent where Spikes initially denied any part in the theft but knew the stolen Buzzy clothes were sold for $8,000.”

Last edited:

justintheharris

I think he legitimately thought he was steps ahead of the police... hence his bold modifications of things and spin doctoring after he got his first scare. He apparently didn't grasp that the investigation could still be ongoing and the police aren't always going to tip their hat on everything they have on you.

His lawyer is going to have to try to fight to supress the evidence... or quickly work out a plea deal. He's toast.
I could not believe the comments on his videos that I was reading. Everybody was like "you should sue!" despite the fact he admits to trespassing in the video which alone could have and should have had him banned from Disney property. Does anyone have a brain these days?

justintheharris

Surprisingly he's still able to post on Twitter. He's just complaing about how bad the wifi is in Jail and mentioned about the mugshots memes.
Correction from my earlier reply: He's out on bail. But he's going to jail for a long time unless he gets an insane plea deal. When sentencing comes around, the judge will get to see all the arrogance and sense of self-satisfaction he's displayed regarding his crimes.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Welcome and thanks for that update! The thread below seems to have more traction -- perhaps @wdwmagic will merge these two threads...

Gringrinngghost

Sounds like it was extra clothes for one of the ballroom figures.
Some Clothes were in rotation to be cleaned.

That's a big stretch. The line in the police report and in the article at the top of this thread really don't give any detail beyond the fact that Buzzy WAS stolen in a separate, later theft from the clothes: "“We had also recently learned that the entire Buzzy animatronic was later stolen from the attraction, separately from the clothing."

I sure as hell want to know how someone pulled this off, but that one line does not back up everything Kinsey said.

Considering how wrong some people's sources have been about this whole situation, jumping to conclusions doesn't seem smart.

I was talking on relation to the clothing off the animatronic. I think you overlooked this part: “and I’m alluding to the clothes as in podcasts, it was said that WDI took buzzy”

MotherOfBirds

My internet wife and great youtuber Jenny Nicholson did a really good video about the Buzzy theft. Y'all ought to check it out.

The guy's Twitter was a riot. It's like he's trying to live out some kind of secret agent/Indiana Jones fantasy while also completely lacking the capacity to shut his mouth and keep a low profile when he's already up a creek. But beyond his juvenile and hilariously obtuse antics, I'm miffed that he (and Sonswa) have pretty much ruined our chances of getting backstage photos in the future. He's upgraded the reputation of urban explorers from largely harmless trespassers to outright, shameless thieves.

NoFunInBand

The arrest warrant:

https://orlando-rising.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Buzzy-Disney-World-arrest-warrant_Redacted.pdf. It says that they have pictures with Buzzys clothing as evidence...

It also says they have 17 other items stolen and sold by Spikes and will open other investigations into them. He’s already looking at 3 felonies just for selling the HM dress and stealing 11 HM items (only mentions the dress as being sold). And that’s just the items he sold to one person for around $9000 total. He apparently sold other items to another person for $21000.

And they’ve been using his online postings as direct evidence, along with photos taken from his phone from a search warrant... which they obtained because he brought the phone with him to a voluntary meeting with the police.

Spikes would later make a Youtube video about this search, but when he showed the warrant in the video, he digitally altered the search warrant to remove the tan bag and the animatronic clothing from the section of the warrant that lists the evidence being sought in the house. The fact that Spikes altered the warrant for his video and only removed these two items indicate that he was aware these items were used in a crime.

This is advanced stupid.

the.dreamfinder

The YouTube video he posted in March now seems especially arrogant and stupid. He edits an arrest warrant to make himself look better and accuses the Orange County Sheriff's Office of going after him only because Disney was angry about backstage photos? Good grief.
A Twitter account is an interesting way to advertise your stolen goods business...

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
This dude has always been an idiot but he’s at least an entertaining and bold idiot. Personally I think it’s awesome that the Disney park community has had so much drama happen cause of this guy. I have to say I have respect for people who actively try to shake things up.

Yeah cause nothing spells edgy like entering restricted areas, stealing property and then reselling it online.

Last edited:

Speedy71

What a silly boy.

😶

D6zjpSmX4AEcyLo.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom