Maleficent 2 discussion

CJR

That sounds made up to me, IMDB has plots and movie titles posted all the time that either end up not happening or were never happening in the first place. I think the plot itself described is "too much" for Disney's PG audience.

IMHO, they should just cancel the sequel given how Alice 2 turned out. Really, I think the only live action sequel most people care about so far is The Jungle Book sequel. Ironically, they seem to be taking their time on it.

Vale

Original Poster
That sounds made up to me, IMDB has plots and movie titles posted all the time that either end up not happening or were never happening in the first place. I think the plot itself described is "too much" for Disney's PG audience.

IMHO, they should just cancel the sequel given how Alice 2 turned out. Really, I think the only live action sequel most people care about so far is The Jungle Book sequel. Ironically, they seem to be taking their time on it.
Yes, i agree with you, there is no need of a sequel...the film has its own end already

Bacon

This is real. But the storyline sounds fake why does Disney create villain kids (mal) and make new villain kids like (Mali or something) see it doesn't make one lick of sence

Magenta Panther

I hope whoever writes this sequel doesn't make the same mistake with the original film - making the good guys stupid and evil in order to build up the traditional villain. Weak!

seascape

I think the change is the first move of several more to come. Now that the merger is just about done Disney will make changes to the release dates of their movies and Fox's. They can't announce any of the Fox changes until the merger is completed but they need to let the theaters know ASAP.

brb1006

tdTun7o.jpg

NateD1226

I would be more excited if this original wasnt a horrific piece of trash that ruined Disney's greatest villain. 🤷‍♂️
Just got in from seeing the film. What can I say...I LOVED it! I think this interpretation of the Sleeping Beauty story was awesome. I feel as though the film had a nice blend of action, comedy, and the actors were wonderful as well. There are certainly some jaw dropping moments (both good and bad). If you're one of those people who are "by the book", you'll probably be a little let down. And while I did enjoy the film, there are some aspects that I would have like to have seen done differently. If you go (which I highly suggest you do), go in to the film with the mindset that it is nothing like the original film and you will enjoy it!

May I ask, what made you change your mind from when you first saw it to now? (I am just wondering. I am not trying to come off as snarky)

Magenta Panther

This just seems like a money grab. Didn't they ruin the character enough in the first film? Just let her be.....

They pretty much ruined ALL the characters. The king is evil, the good fairies are morons...all to make poor widdle Maleficent look like a victim. Feh. What amateurish writing. Will NOT be seeing this.

ppete1975

I couldn't figure out what the plot is by the trailer.. but I also was zoning out a bit.. do we know what the base plot is

NateD1226

I couldn't figure out what the plot is by the trailer.. but I also was zoning out a bit.. do we know what the base plot is
A fantasy adventure that picks up several years after “Maleficent,” in which audiences learned of the events that hardened the heart of Disney’s most notorious villain and drove her to curse a baby Princess Aurora, “Maleficent II” continues to explore the complex relationship between the horned fairy and the soon to be Queen, as they form new alliances and face new adversaries in their struggle to protect the moors and the magical creatures that reside within.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom