Male Cast Member Costumes

Walter Elias Disney

Original Poster
I have spent the last two days roaming the Walt Disney Resort with my family. Has anyone notice male cast members now wearing female costuming? For example: Friday evening a male with a beard wearing a dress in the Magic Kingdom- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe cleaning tables, Saturday morning Animal Kingdom aviary male cast members with press on nails tater long painted red, Saturday afternoon in Epcot- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall a male with a beard dressed in Norwegian female costuming outside the restaurant. Is this something new at the Walt Disney Resort?

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
So sad to see men in dresses with a purse
1678030646023.png
:rolleyes:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I have spent the last two days roaming the Walt Disney Resort with my family. Has anyone notice male cast members now wearing female costuming? For example: Friday evening a male with a beard wearing a dress in the Magic Kingdom- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe cleaning tables, Saturday morning Animal Kingdom aviary male cast members with press on nails tater long painted red, Saturday afternoon in Epcot- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall a male with a beard dressed in Norwegian female costuming outside the restaurant. Is this something new at the Walt Disney Resort?
New-ish.

Disney updated it's "look" guidelines. Any CM can wear either the male or female version of their position's costuming.

I saw two Frontierland male CMs wearing the female skirts waiting for a parade. No one pointed. Heard no discussions of it. Same with the Black Santa.

Apparently, visitors to the MK just don't care and continue to sell out party nights.

See here:

Chi84

Premium Member
It'll take some time, but people will get used to it. Any type of change is going to be more difficult or jarring for some than for others. If everyone just tries to remain respectful of others' personal decisions it makes things easier. The cast members are conforming to a dress code, the dress code has just changed.

castlecake2.0

Cast Members can wear any costume as long as it’s the complete costume and approved for the area.

CntrlFlPete

I've never seen (any) cast member w/ Red nail polish, but the other stuff, sure have, just about anytime I've been in the Magic Kingdom. I have seen guys w/ black nail polish throughout the Orlando resort.

MagicHappens1971

Maybe it is time the do a complete overhaul on all costuming at the resort to be more inclusive.
New costumes have been made more “inclusive” which equates = no more dresses and tight-fitted tops. If a guy wants to wear a dress, it shouldn’t bother you, because I’m sure you also saw plenty of women wearing the “men’s” costume but you didn’t notice since they were just wearing pants. Move on

The Mom

Premium Member
Yes.

MagicHappens1971

I’ve seen it at Disneyland, haven’t been to wdw much since the change, I can’t remember if I saw it there or not.

What I HAVE seen at WDW is more and more shorts worn by Main Street Operations, those bother me more. That’s supposed to be a formal uniform for Main Street, they still wear long pants at Disneyland and it looks so much classier.
God forbid the CMs who work outside for hours in the Florida heat wear shorts

Lilofan

I’ve seen it at Disneyland, haven’t been to wdw much since the change, I can’t remember if I saw it there or not.

What I HAVE seen at WDW is more and more shorts worn by Main Street Operations, those bother me more. That’s supposed to be a formal uniform for Main Street, they still wear long pants at Disneyland and it looks so much classier.
Ever been to MK Jun-Aug in the brutally hot summer?

NickMaio

That's amazing......its about time.
So glad to hear.
I hope truly hope they keep this.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

And the women should be in corsets and bustles!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom