Making the holidays special in your room...

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Hi All!

I'm looking at getting something special in our room for the holidays - we are there for Thanksgiving and it has always been my DH's and my tradition to decorate the house the day after Thanksgiving for Christmas. I've been checking the disneyflorist.com website and am thinking about stockings! I'm not crazy about the ones they have this year - the big ole' Mickey heads - but they are cute. The tree idea is nice but they are so expensive!!

Any new suggestions or ideas? Is there anyone else that does it other then disneyflorist?

What is your favorite item/decoration that you had in your room to celebrate the holidays?

Thanks!! :xmas:

Bug715

What about a fake tree with ornaments. They had a little disney one last year that they sold in the parks.

We didn't decorate our room for thanksgiving but when my parents came down for christmas I had the charlie brown christmas tree on the table when they got there. Mom thought it was gonna be bigger but it was rather sad but made our presents look huge! We also had christmas lights on the balcony which you'll see all over property. We saw them thanksgiving and my mom's friend let mom borrow some since we don't hang lights on the house.

This year we'll get there at 10pm christmas night but I still want to take lights. I've told my mom I'm wearing my cute mickey christmas pjs and minnie ears on the plane but she said I can't. So I guess I'll just wear the tank top and the ears once we land! I love the Holidays at Disney!!!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
I'll have to look for a tree in the park! I didn't know they sold them there! My brother got me the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree and it is so cute!! I get the Storybook Ornaments every year so we do a Disney Tree at home. I'm going to buy the multi color Mickey shaped ornaments this year to go on the tree! I can't wait to see it all together!! I hope they still have the little trees at the park!! That would be perfect!

I thought I read something about not being able to decorate anymore on the balconies? But I might not be remembering that correctly. :)

Disneykidder

The Christmas Shop in Liberty Square has little trees. They are tabletop little and cute. $30, I think. They had them a month ago when we were there.
You could always bring a box of lights and your own stockings from home or on your first day there go to The Christmas Shoppe in DTD and purchase new ones. That store is amazing! You could also pack a garland for your room and even your balcony or front door. Just go to your local walmart and check out some easy packable decorations. We always buy ornaments when in Disney, too, so you could always buy a bunch and hang them on the garland in your room or on fixtures.

Have fun!! There's nothing like being in Disney but Disney during the holidays is even more amazing!!:xmas:

Bug715

O yea my mom tried to make a disney wreath for our door but she didn't like it so she didn't bring it. I remember hearing about the balcony thing but I don't remember what the final word was on it. We'll try it this year and if we're asked to take them down we'll do it.

disneydiva72

We are going to be at the AKL for the week of Xmas so Im sending a box with a tree to our hotel. The woman at AKL told me to just put our name and our date of arrival on the box and they would hold it for us.

Im packing xmas lights (the small ones) and Im also bringing our stockings with us. You can go to any dollar store and buy very inexpensive decos before you go, on xmas night Im going to sit with the kids and make the paper ring streamers....I thought that would be fun and cute to drape around our room. :)

I thought I read something about not being able to decorate anymore on the balconies? But I might not be remembering that correctly

I read that on here also, but Im not sure either what the final word was....Im going to do it anyway, if they ask me to take it down, then I will, but not before giving them a piece of my mind. :)

TwoTigersMom

We have Elves ( http://www.elf-magic.com ) that come visit us every Christmas season. The past few years that we've gone to WDW the first or second week of December, the elves would come with us. This year we will leave the house on Nov 28th, so the elves will arrive that morning so they don't miss WDW. Last year, I found a small pre decorated tree at Wal Greens for $10 and hit it with our luggage. The elves got a hold of it and set it up the first night :lol: Each night of our trip, they did something silly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom