Making MagicBands More Comfortable?

KLeigh

Original Poster
Hi Everyone!

We received our MagicBands this morning, and they're pretty uncomfortable. (I wear a watch, so I'm used to having something on my wrist.) Maybe it's because mine will be on the smallest "Adult" setting and I have so much extra band looping around my wrist.

Do any of you have tips on how to break in the bands and make them more comfortable?

Thanks!
Kristen

Rob562

I've heard a few people say that after about 2 days of wearing the Band it gets broken-in and more comfortable. So I'd say either try wearing it around home for a couple days or just "tough it out" on your first couple days of vacation.

-Rob

Bairstow

I think the problem is that the oval the band wants to make is taller than it is wide. I took to wearing mine sideways, so that the sensor bulge faced to the left. After day one I didnt notice it anymore. Other people have suggested fastening the band, laying it on a table, and putting a heavy book on it for a day or so to reshape it a little.

docdebbi

i read somewhere on this site that folks found it more comfortable to wear the sensor on the inside of the wrist, exactly 180 degrees from where you would think. i tried this, as did my family members, they are right. so i guess it's on the inside until it gets broken it

KLeigh

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the suggestions! I've been wearing it around the house at night after work, and during the day it's being "worn" by a water bottle to help reshape it. Last night I finally started to notice a difference in how comfortable/not noticeable it was to wear. It should be good to go Nov 6!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom