Making a better Magic Kingdom (update on pg. 8)

The Lochness Monsta

Ahhhhhh....hhhhhh, Minnie Mia's brings back some memories.

You can retheme Plaza Restaurant/Closet to Minnie Mia’s as well. It’s just a glorified quick service with a table atmosphere.

Snow Queen 83

I had pizza here when it was in the Disney Marketplace when I was very little. I maybe imagining it, but it tasted like the best pizza ever.

It was really expensive even by today’s standards though. My parents still bring up the price of it now and then.

Goofy Ninja

I never had it, but it has to be better than Tony’s. It seems like they just dump the sauce from a can right onto the plates. There are no spices or anything.

I’m Italian though so my standards are pretty high.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
c421e07a5fb91d28f3663f8de9f2675a.jpg

rocket-rinder.png

I figured I’d start with the land that needs the most work and overall retheming. My ideas would make Tomorrowland more expansive and separate it into 2 sections (the future and aliens).

Tomorrowland is the only land that needs lots and lots of new attractions. Because it has so many abandoned areas (stitch) and attractions that don’t belong at all (speedway and monsters).

Future themed expansion
----- (formerly tomorrowland speedway)

gravitron.jpg

GraviTRON
----- (rotor ride, similar to starship 2000)
----- (this ride spins like an old fashioned toy top and the speed is so fast that you stick to the walls)

TRON-Legacy-tron-legacy-20482663-1920-1080.jpg
4hm1sxaaiza01.jpg

Tron Light Runners
----- (racetrack in the sky, similar to rocket rods)
----- (runners would take up much less space than speedway. because the track goes above walkways and through buildings)

alien encounter.jpg
sound2.jpg

The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
----- (drop ride, similar to tower of terror)
----- (since it is in another section it will be far enough away from the kiddies)

* for mature audiences

369998_2.jpg

1488337271-c5zmvmrvuaa8vgh-2.jpg

Aliens: Escape from the Xenomorph
----- (trackless ride, similar to rise of the resistance)
----- (board a transport vehicle that will eventually lead to your escape. that is unless the xenomorph gets you)

* for mature audiences

IMG_3221.jpg

EOTLC_IntOverviews_081103w.jpg

End of Line Club
----- (formerly cosmic ray’s starlight cafe)
----- (sonny has moved to his own place in spaceport)

Entrance Area

DSC04207-web.jpg

Flying Saucers
----- (formerly astro orbiter)
----- (aerial carousel, similar to kang and kodos’. the vehicles much like it's universal sister would be in the shape of tiny ufo's. however it would not have any affiliation with the simpsons)

Screen-Shot-2020-07-17-at-3.36.48-PM-787x524.png

Stitch 626
----- (dark ride, similar to journey into imagination)
----- (the united galactic federation needs your help in tracking down experiment 626)

5edc51ffba6c479bd2af2fe3a58a0bb951-earth-to-ned.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

Earth to Ned
----- (formerly monsters inc)
----- (comedy show, similar to laugh floor. lucky human visitors get to watch the greatest, most brilliant and funniest talk show in the galaxy... well according to ned and cornelius)

2bc1a83e900844a3837b70a0d6a5b4ad046836a4.jpg

Space Mountain
----- (rethemed with funny aliens)
----- (travel to a distant planet and see a new just identified species of aliens. much like the minions (at universal) they spend most of the day playing pranks or eating junk food)

sci-fi-city-tokyo1.jpg

Alien Spaceport expansion
----- (area behind main street)
----- (much like galaxy's edge, it's an alien spaceport filled with different creatures. what sets it a part is it seems to have fun with the topic. there's billboards of different products like slurm throughout the land)

lifted_head.jpg

image-asset.jpeg

Lifted
----- (drop ride, similar to toy soldiers parachute drop)

fut_wot_keyart-h_2017.jpg

Futurama: the Quest for Slurm
----- (elevated simulator, similar to flight of passage)

shkjh399870.jpg

carousel_alienshow-590x197.jpg

Sunny Eclipse’s Starlight Cafe
----- (quick service and stage show, similar to country bears)

Last edited:

Miru

I like how mature attractions are included and clearly delineated as “mature audiences only” rides. And I was surprised at the choice of a Futurama ride! Maybe add Slurm carts, too?

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
I like how mature attractions are included and clearly delineated as “mature audiences only” rides. And I was surprised at the choice of a Futurama ride! Maybe add Slurm carts, too?

Thanks, I think Disney should get out of their box. Eisner had it right with adding in some mature things. At the time they just folded, because of sensitive parents and weak children. But you can't please everyone.

There's people that complained about Snow White's Scary Adventure. It's time for Disney to get into the 21st century. Their competition down the street doesn't care if they have scary and family rides in the same park.

Miru

Thanks, I think Disney should get out of their box. Eisner had it right with adding in some mature things. At the time they just folded, because of sensitive parents and weak children. But you can't please everyone.

There's people that complained about Snow White's Scary Adventure. It's time for Disney to get into the 21st century. Their competition down the street doesn't care if they have scary and family rides in the same park.
Heck, not even Knott’s seems to care as much as Disney does. Just take from Universal here. Don’t be afraid to compromise your family friendly image. And, unlike Universal, we at least have a warning.

Snow Queen 83

So we get 4 attractions instead of the yesterland gas guzzlers?

Sign me up, I would have been happy with just a speedway replacement… or well anything really. My grandma moves faster than those cheap matchbox cars.

Rambozo

It would actually be pretty cool to zoom around in a more modern looking car. Call me silly, but 50’s or 60’s themed cars have never said “The Future” to me.

The Lochness Monsta

It would actually be pretty cool to zoom around in a more modern looking car. Call me silly, but 50’s or 60’s themed cars have never said “The Future” to me.

Silly

How cool would it be to zoom around with one of these with the fireworks right above? As long as you don’t have one of those wimpy kids with you, that pees himself at the drop of a hat.

Goofy Ninja

Heck, not even Knott’s seems to care as much as Disney does. Just take from Universal here. Don’t be afraid to compromise your family friendly image. And, unlike Universal, we at least have a warning.

Yep, "Horror Nights" is so Universal. Disney wouldn’t even have “Scary” in their title for their event. They have to have “Not So Scary”.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Halloween Horror Nights can get a little too adult at times though.

I once saw a guy yell to the scare actor. “DON’T YOU DARE ING SCARE ME.” Where did he think he was???

I can understand if he was picking out gourmet cheeses in a grocery store. And out of nowhere a crazy clown with a chainsaw got in his face. But HHN is of course a completely different situation.

Snow Queen 83

Yep, the one bad thing about it is it brings out the seedy people. Those miscreants who hang out on Irlo Bronson.

They have to set up drunk tanks for these subhuman scumbags.

“I thought I lived in a Merica. Home the free… and stuff.”

13358564.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Frankenstein79

I go to Universal a lot.. and they say Epcot gets rowdy during food and wine. Disney usually gets the climb the pyramids, joyous drunks. Universal on the otherhand tends to usually get the confrontational, angry drunks.

Seeing trashy people fight is just a part of the entertainment though. Just make sure they don’t see you staring at them or somehow you’ll get involved.

“What are you looking at??? You look like you finished high school or gots a G.E.D.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom