Make a Hated Attraction Better!

SimulatedIntelligentRobot

Original Poster
Here's the opposite of the "Ruin a Beloved Attraction!" thread. I'll start.

Give Stitch actual funny jokes, remove the burp thing because that's gross, make the restraints looser, add a more lighthearted version of S.I.R. in the preshow instead of 90210, and VOILA! You've got yourself a good attraction.

Dragonman

Advertisement
Seeing as how they tried this with Superstar Limo I’m not sure lol. All those creepy celebrities are still in there re-skinned as CDA agents...

Hank Hill

Those suggestions might make Stitch better, but still far from a "Good attraction".

The Liberty Belle, instead of on water, they put some tracks for it with some dips and turns, then instead of one big boat, they have small cars go on the track that maybe look like boats. You know, sort of like a roller coaster around the river.

JoMarch

A lot of "bad" or "old" attractions would benefit from some additional theatrical/updated lighting, sound effects, fog, mist, scents and projections.

Like in "Peter Pan," - although do not get me wrong I LOVE PP. It needs wind on your face, blasts of fog and lightning. Maybe even some scents in certain sections.

Dragonman

I keep seeing people say this, but I am very doubtful of it. Even though Randall peeks out from the same corner as Regis Phillbin, they share no resemblance in figure or design. At most it would be an odd tribute, but most likely it's just a coincidence.
Well they most likely used the original forward moving mech but Randall was an all new figure. The CDA agents are blatantly obvious however due to them still being in the exact same poses.
D21744B0-BFE6-4EC9-B209-F0C9E578790D.jpeg
50433FB0-190B-4DF5-A9FE-B0AB67641BE9.jpeg
(These are only a few of the more obvious ones. I believe all the original figures except Regis were reskinned)

Last edited:

Original Poster
Well they most likely used the original forward moving mech but Randall was an all new figure. The CDA agents are blatantly obvious however due to them still being in the exact same poses.
View attachment 437059
View attachment 437060
(These are only a few of the more obvious ones. I believe all the original figures except Regis were reskinned)
Those original pictures are making me sick. I'm glad that was reskinned.

Magicart87

Premium Member
Here's the opposite of the "Ruin a Beloved Attraction!" thread. I'll start.

Give Stitch actual funny jokes, remove the burp thing because that's gross, make the restraints looser, add a more lighthearted version of S.I.R. in the preshow instead of 90210, and VOILA! You've got yourself a good attraction.
Stitch definitely needed a better story.

Effects were OK but his character as portrayed in the attraction was still "too scary" for children. The burp joke, IMO was a solid addition and fit the character well, but with a better storyline that burp could have been an integral element in explaining his behavior instead of just a "gross" throwaway gag. Same goes for his scary demeanor. The show needed to be rewritten to make "Stitch have a Glitch"

Stitch Encounter could have been salvaged, IMO though it would have required a massive overhaul.

Original Poster
Stitch definitely needed a better story.

Effects were OK but his character as portrayed in the attraction was still "too scary" for children. The burp joke, IMO was a solid addition and fit the character well, but with a better storyline that burp could have been an integral element in explaining his behavior instead of just a "gross" throwaway gag. Same goes for his scary demeanor. The show needed to be rewritten to make "Stitch have a Glitch"

Stitch Encounter could have been salvaged, IMO though it would have required a massive overhaul.
This was before Stitch met Lilo

Magicart87

Premium Member
I don't hate any attraction at WDW so my contributions to this thread might be limited. However, there are many instances where an aspect of an attraction could be improved. Be it to make a classic that much better or to fix up a less than stellar modern WDI attraction.

Hated? that's a toughy. I guess it would have to be TriceraTop Spin. Theme it to Trixie from Toy Story 3 and drop it in TSL. Not much of an improvement but it would serve TSL better.

Runner-up would be Kali River Rapids. Sorry excuse for a rapids ride. Not sure how it could be improved beyond making it twice as long (as intended) with more water effects like waterfalls and boat-spinning whirlpools. Some AAs couldn't hurt either. On second thought, theme it to Jungle Book and call it a win. It touches on "Man's red flower" already. Might as well give the people what they want.

Last edited:

mccgavin

View attachment 437059
View attachment 437060
Sorry, I should have specified I was only talking about Regis/Randall. The rest are indisputably re-skinned figures.

Top Bottom