News Major renovation coming to Disney's Magnolia Golf Course at Walt Disney World

ryguy

Hopefully they are working on drainage throughout the course. Truthfully the whole course should be redone, new drainage, new greens and fairways.

Ben_since_1971

So 4 holes, I wonder if this area's scope grew?
I don't know that the scope grew as much as they wanted to keep the course a par 72. My guess is that the current 14th green will be moved to the tee box side of the pond fronting it, the new 15th tee will be where the current 14th tee is, then they will move into the woods behind the current 15th green/16th tee to build the new 15th/16th holes. Then they will build the bridge to where the new tee box for 17 will be.

What's interesting is that several years ago they built a tee box off the 17th fairway. As far as I could tell it was never used but I found it odd they would do it. Unless this idea was years in the pipeline.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here the plans for the changes:

1656079625689.png

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Pretty interesting stuff. I've never stopped to think about what goes into designing a golf course.

DCBaker

Premium Member
News on partial reopening of Magnolia Golf Course -

Disney's Magnolia Golf Course will be reopening for play on Monday, December 12th as a 14-hole course! The finishing touches are still being applied to the remainder of the holes, which will be available for play next year.

Holes #1 through #14 will showcase:

New teeing grounds with overseeded Bermuda grass
Reimagined greenside and fairway bunkers
Newly recontoured Bermuda grass greens that offer fast and true putting surfaces

During this time, we are offering a 33% discount off your applicable greens fee rate, which will be applied at the time of check-in!

If you would prefer to play a full 18-hole round, we recommend reserving a tee time at either Disney's Palm or Disney's Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
News on partial reopening of Magnolia Golf Course -

Disney's Magnolia Golf Course will be reopening for play on Monday, December 12th as a 14-hole course! The finishing touches are still being applied to the remainder of the holes, which will be available for play next year.

Holes #1 through #14 will showcase:

New teeing grounds with overseeded Bermuda grass
Reimagined greenside and fairway bunkers
Newly recontoured Bermuda grass greens that offer fast and true putting surfaces

During this time, we are offering a 33% discount off your applicable greens fee rate, which will be applied at the time of check-in!

If you would prefer to play a full 18-hole round, we recommend reserving a tee time at either Disney's Palm or Disney's Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.

Wait, am I reading that right, Disney is providing a lesser experience (fewer holes), and charging less for it! What a concept!

JohnD

Wait, am I reading that right, Disney is providing a lesser experience (fewer holes), and charging less for it! What a concept!
Don't you think they should? Would you rather they charge the same rates for an 18 hole course when there are 14 holes? Or maybe that's your point. That doesn't normally happen.

JoeCamel

Don't you think they should? Would you rather they charge the same rates for an 18 hole course when there are 14 holes? Or maybe that's your point. That doesn't normally happen.
Right, it doesn't happen. This is like them charging for a half park day when they close early to sell it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom