MAJOR insomnia..

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Okay so I've been having problems sleeping all year but rarely this bad. It's 5 AM almost and I have yet to sleep.. Either I'm way too worried or the caffine in the Excedrin Migraine I took is having unwanted effects *grr*

Any ideas on how to get me to sleep?!?

tiggerlover1971

i try reading a book when i have trouble thats what i do people say hot milk does the trick but ewwwwwwwwwww try making hot cocoa with milk that might do the trick

MouseMadness

Ditch the caffeine, especially in the afternoon/early evening!! Have you tried taking something to go to sleep? If it's really bad (or chronic) I'd see a doctor. Losing sleep is so hard on you.

DisneyJedi

I'm lucky in that I can fall asleep in less than a minute. My wife says I am like a light switch.

How do I do it? I just concentrate hard.. think every cell in my body is dead tired and not worth moving. When your eyes are first closed try not to think you're looking in darkness. Think about having such a tired, heavy immoveable body and each cell needing a shutdown. Then I think of something happy that happened or think about something happy I want. I just think about that as I lay in bed and before I know it I am asleep.

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Originally posted by MouseMadness
Ditch the caffeine, especially in the afternoon/early evening!! Have you tried taking something to go to sleep? If it's really bad (or chronic) I'd see a doctor. Losing sleep is so hard on you.

Yeah I learned that one... BUT the only reason I had caffine is cause it was in my headache meds and I needed to get rid of the one I was dealing with.

NowInc

Originally posted by RU42
You can make mad passionate wild....um this is a Disney board. nevermind. :brick:

RU

I WAS thinking of posting something similiar to this..but then i remembered..its ANGEL..shes innocent :D

WDWspider

Originally posted by DisneyJedi
I'm lucky in that I can fall asleep in less than a minute. My wife says I am like a light switch.

How do I do it? I just concentrate hard.. think every cell in my body is dead tired and not worth moving. When your eyes are first closed try not to think you're looking in darkness. Think about having such a tired, heavy immoveable body and each cell needing a shutdown. Then I think of something happy that happened or think about something happy I want. I just think about that as I lay in bed and before I know it I am asleep.

As silly as it may sound this is a very valid suggestion. I can do the same. You can train yourself to go into a Relaxed state of mind and fall asleep very quickly. How to go about it is up to the individual I suppose, but it is possible. No Caffeine will help a lot.

Possible the Headaches are coming from lack of sleep, or Caffeine withdrawals. Try to get a sleep schedule for a couple months and stick to it. If you can get back on track and in a routine then you should be ok, right now you are propably up all kinds of hours and your body cannot adjust to the varied time schedule you have been maintaining. Try to cut out caffeine completely for about a week. Or just caffeine in the mornings only.

RU42

Originally posted by NowInc
I WAS thinking of posting something similiar to this..but then i remembered..its ANGEL..shes innocent :D

She's not that innocent. Not that I know personally, I have just...um...read it somewhere. Yeah. I think it was in Great Britton when I read it. :( Oh, not that again. Grrrr:eek:

RU

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Originally posted by NowInc

Thank you Dan, I am innocent :).

And um.... yeah I haven't had caffine except in the meds and I had to take those. And the whole teaching self to relax thing.. how do you do that? I would LOVE to get it down but it never works for me, I don't know how to relax!

WDWspider

Originally posted by Angelique
Thank you Dan, I am innocent :).

And um.... yeah I haven't had caffine except in the meds and I had to take those. And the whole teaching self to relax thing.. how do you do that? I would LOVE to get it down but it never works for me, I don't know how to relax!

Well... I guess knowing is half the battle.

As least you know it's possible. :brick:

RU42

OK, enough of the silly remarks.

Yep, caffeine in the pills is a hard thing - especially if a person is is really effected by caffeine. (I have a huge tolerance to caffeine - it doesn't phase me.)

As far as relaxing, Spider-man is basically right - knowing is half the battle. When I can't sleep I find that my mind is running at full speed thinking abour anything and everything. My key is to learn when I am doing that and force myself to stop. Instead of letting my brain run around like a runaway train - I force myself to stop thinking on lots of stuff and focus on one thought - 'sleep' I just keep telling myself that (without allowing any other thoughts to take control.) If it is really bad, I will catch myself quite a few times, but everytime I catch myself, I farce that thought back into my mind. Then as the brain winds down, I fall asleep.

RU

DisneyJedi

Basically I treat my body like a vehicle out of gas.. detaching myself from it as I am falling asleep. Probably works mostly cause of my belief system. Which is basically that I believe when you die, your body dies, not your soul. When I fall asleep now it is merely my conscious slipping out of the driver's seat so the body can be recharged.

In my early teens I had a hard time falling asleep because too much was on my mind.. like what the heck was puberty doing to me? Thinking girls and such.. I would be ed cause I couldn't fall asleep and when I did, it was time for school already. That didn't last long, but sitting up in the dark was the pits.

I hope you can find your special routine that kicks off your conscious so you can get some sleep. I prize sleep over everything. It's like my reward of the day. I'm a guy that could sleep 14 hours straight if you asked him to.

imagineer boy

I usually like to make myself a cup of nice cholcolate milk. Not some kind of powder like Nes Quick, but cholcolate syrup stirred in milk. Its sooooooooooooo nice.

MouseMadness

I've only taken excedrin twice.. and while it got rid of my headache, I spent three hours shaking like a leaf. Not good for me. Try something else for your headaches.. they do make caffeine free excedrin, or maybe motrin. I use motrin most of the time. (btw, prescription strenght for motrin is 800mg... and I usually take this much when I take it. Because on the rare occasion I get a headache, it is usually pretty major)

jrashadb

Originally posted by Angelique
Okay so I've been having problems sleeping all year but rarely this bad. It's 5 AM almost and I have yet to sleep.. Either I'm way too worried or the caffine in the Excedrin Migraine I took is having unwanted effects *grr*

Any ideas on how to get me to sleep?!?

Booze.

That helps me...

Failing that, soothing music helps me relax a bit. Also, I like to make my room as cold as I possibly can. I can't sleep if I'm hot. That might help.

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Re: Re: MAJOR insomnia..

Originally posted by jrashadb
Booze.

That helps me...

Failing that, soothing music helps me relax a bit. Also, I like to make my room as cold as I possibly can. I can't sleep if I'm hot. That might help.

*takes the alcohol away* no more!

Um.. tried the music to relax but didn't want to leave it on on my computer since my roommate might have hurt me.. but that's another story.. also I have a roommate who probally won't like the cold... *sighs*

Maybe mom's right.. I do need to talk to a psychiatrist...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom