News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

Captain Barbossa

Since people keep insisting, here is the 12pm NHC update: Dorian has weakened to a strong cat 2 yet again, winds are at 110mph, now moving to the north-northeast at 8mph, location is 45 miles east-southeast of Charleston. A possible landfall in the Myrtle Beach area isn't likely, but it's not out of the picture just yet. Will have to see. A lot of tornadic activity has also been happening along the coast.

For those of you who asked, my part of the state is doing just fine. Not a single drop of rain, just windy. It's been mostly overcast today, but the sun has shown itself a few times. The Charleston area, along with the rest of the SC coast, is getting hammered. In some areas, law enforcement told the people who were not evacuating to get a sharpie and write their name, along with the phone # of their closest relative, on their arm so it would be easier to identify their bodies.

Gringrinngghost

Fun little highlight from Tuesday, the Citizens of Main Street were having a lot of fun.

Alice a

Here in downtown Charleston the water was less than expected (but of course we still flooded out the usual intersections) but the wind was worse than I thought it would be.

We never lost power, but I’m in the hospital’s grid, so we rarely do. I lost a large plot of bamboo to the wind and the lower portion of my block flooded, but I’m glad it wasn’t as bad as predicted.
FD4BB0A1-2438-4CBB-9346-F86B37777734.jpeg

Lensman

Lots of tornados moving through Eastern North Carolina. A funnel cloud passed over my dad's farm this morning, didn't touch down until later. The worst of the storm hasn't even gotten there yet.
And North Myrtle Beach:

Here's something Muppets-related:

I don't know if it's appropriate to post about the situation in the Bahamas here, but:
Adrian Farrington's story sounds particularly tragic and harrowing. I admit that I didn't think about the possibility of sharks being in the storm surge. The rest of the story is too tragic to for me to talk about. Send help!

Slikke

I don't know if it's appropriate to post about the situation in the Bahamas here, but:
Adrian Farrington's story sounds particularly tragic and harrowing. I admit that I didn't think about the possibility of sharks being in the storm surge. The rest of the story is too tragic to for me to talk about. Send help!

That story was absolutely gut wrenching... God Bless those poor poor people.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
And North Myrtle Beach:

Here's something Muppets-related:

choking back tears. I cannot even imagine. I just can't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom