News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

bclane

Note the position time indexes. The 11 and 5 AM/PM time indexes reference 2 AM/PM local. The 8 and 2 AM/PM time indexes reference 8AM/PM local. So the position will always be different.

But to answer your question the NHC positioning has been unchanged for multiple previous advisories, the cone of uncertainty however has expanded up the FL coast. Keep in mind also the storm can go a anywhere in the cone, it’s not locked in on the center.
Thanks. I think what I was seeing is that the cone of uncertainty seems to have shifted to the right slightly around the Orlando area so that it appears to cover less area to the west of Orlando. It is probably just because the hurricane is closer now so the cone isn’t as wide in that area. That is probably what you meant by expanding up the coast but I wouldn’t be surprised if i’m making a bad assumption.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks. I think what I was seeing is that the cone of uncertainty seems to have shifted to the right slightly around the Orlando area so that it appears to cover less area to the west of Orlando. It is probably just because the hurricane is closer now so the cone isn’t as wide in that area. That is probably what you meant by expanding up the coast but I wouldn’t be surprised if i’m making a bad assumption.
No you’re spot on. The white shaded 3 day cone is in constant change and get narrower close to the actual center of the storm.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
It could be worse. Apparently Alabama has been stolen!!!!
capture_20190901235501.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom