News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on on TV right now for a press conference. Most if not all of the FL East Coast Counties either have started evacuation or will in the next 24 hours. Tolls are being suspended. He hopes it will turn, but we have to plan for the worst.

I hope they were able to get more gas to those areas.

JohnD

2pm update

155815_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

LAKid53

Premium Member
very impressed by his press conferences...
hes stressing that a priority will be opening up side of highways for delivery of,fuel,water and other supplies

That's the ESU evacuation plan for major roads put in place instead of contraflow. Easier and faster to implement.

For those who are considering or will be evacuating, the Panhandle area won't be affected. Any county from Hamilton west will be safe. Wouldn't go much past Gasden County as you will then be in areas affected by Michael last year and those areas are still in recovery.

DisneyCane

Don't you remember, the effects will be "nil"? 😉
I can't read this whole thread to see people saying "nil." However, if the current forecast proves to be correct, the effects on the Orlando area shouldn't be any worse than a summer thunderstorm.
just read an update for the bahamas, so much news to track so not sure if this has been posted..

Southeast Florida remains on high alert as the now “catastrophic” Hurricane Dorian has recorded winds between 185 and 220 mph, prompting more Florida counties to issue mandatory evacuations as the National Hurricane Center reports devastation beginning in the Bahamas.

https://www.tampabay.com/hurricane/...ian-is-now-the-strongest-hurricane-in-modern-
The worst part about a direct hit on islands like the Bahamas is that it is simultaneously making landfall and still over the water. When making landfall in the Continental US, the storms weaken so the worst sustained winds are only experienced by a small area. With the Bahamas, everything in the path can get peak sustained winds.

Plus, there isn't a good evacuation option from there.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I wouldn't be out there but in the eye the winds are calm. I just wouldn't want to risk not getting back inside before the eye wall comes again.

At least it looks like the houses are still standing. That bodes well for people surviving.

Let's hope so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom