News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

worldfanatic

Has anyone seen anything about a follow up hurricane behind it? These big ones usually have smaller ones that trail them out of the ocean, right?
two_atl_0d0.png

That little yellow x is a new wave coming off the African coast.
But that's a long, long ways away.

The Mom

Premium Member
You need to store some water (I fill up 100 gallons worth of water jugs prior to any approaching storm) and then pour the water into a dark colored 5 gallon bucket in direct sun. After a short time the water is plenty warm for a shower with this device:

I have one that I purchased in the camping goods dept several years ago. Just fill and hang in the sun.

beertiki

Gas is running out here in the Keys. Saw lots of lines, up to 100 cars long. Wanted to get an extra 5 gallons and figured I would do it at our local marina instead of waiting in line. They were sold out of rec90 at $4 a gallon. Went to buy more beer, but the grocery store was crazy, got it somewhere else.

Based on current predictions and information from the NHC, I would say that it would be safe to drive north no later than 8 am on Monday. If you do not have a full tank of gas with a range of at least 300 miles, stay at Disney. If you are staying at Disney, you need to get everything you think you would need to "camp" in your room for 48 hours. If I did not have those supplies yet, I would wait until 6am tomorrow and hope some of the stores were restocked.

mgf

I am probably going to have this hold loop memorized by the time I get a live CM lol.

Best of luck Floridians! Thanks for sharing your state with us for vacations. We know full well whether we make it to WDW or not is nowhere near the most important concern this week. Your advice has been helpful and educational. Stay safe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom