News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

DisneyOutsider

The Rays play at home this weekend, that's totally cancelled, right?

Well, they play in a glorified concrete warehouse, and the series starts on Friday - meaning the opposing team will already be in town. So there's a chance they get all three games in - or perhaps they move Sunday's game up by playing a double-header on Saturday.

schuelma

So we were able to change our flight from arriving Monday AM in Orlando to Saturday instead. Just made reservations for 2 nights at Coronado Springs before going to Contemporary for our scheduled vacation. So long story short..now we get 2 more days of Disney World!

Zé_Carioca

Well right now they have one of their cars parked and filled and are car pooling to work to save gas. I am worried about their cars and flooding at their apartment complex. Does anyone know if they could park their cars at Disney Springs?

For Irma some friends were throwing this idea around and DS's policy is to tow cars overnight and they kept saying that leading up to Irma. Now, given that its hard to enforce it during a hurricane they might not actually carry through with it but its a risk for sure.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
A lot could change in a few days...as it typically does.

What was the Hurricane a few years ago that slightly shifted in the last few hours before landfall and really saved a lot of people heartache? Was it Irma?
Charley was headed straight for Tampa Bay in 2004... then ducked into Punta Gorda instead, wiping them out instead of Tampa and Clearwater.

LSLS

Charley was headed straight for Tampa Bay in 2004... then ducked into Punta Gorda instead, wiping them out instead of Tampa and Clearwater.

I was just talking about that today to a coworker. That was like past Gorda and then made a turn outside of every model. Funny enough we were in college and evacuated to Disney. We got tons of rain and Tampa had all sunshine.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Keep in mind that these things almost ALWAYS hit later than predicted. Already in the last 24 hours, the arrival times at each designed spot have moved back by a few hours. Remember that the timing predictions (particularly the wind force estimations) are based on the data RIGHT NOW, assuming there are few changes. That being said, it might not hurt to be prepared just in case. Always better safe than sorry.

I am driving down from Delaware this afternoon with an old college buddy. We are going to do as much as we can Friday and Saturday and plan to leave and at least get out of FL late Sat night or early Sun morning, based on this track. If Dorian takes his time coming in, we may try to hit a few things Sunday, but I'll keep my eyes on the wind forecasts. (I also would hate to get stuck in traffic for 6+ hours). Hopefully this thing keeps taking its time getting to FL or swings up north entirely! Anything is possible.
Here's a photo from the Irma evacuation on I-95 Northbound...

Interesting story below...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Governor will shortly declare state of emergency in all 67 counties. No word yet on mandatory evacuations.

Crazydisneyfanluke

rodserling27

Here's a photo from the Irma evacuation on I-95 Northbound...
View attachment 403237

Interesting story below...
Yikes, not fun. Thanks for that article. I'm prepared for the worst! I am considering getting a gas can to fill in the event that I have to crawl along I-95 like this. (I suppose I could always try to take 75 to just try and get north of the storm if I had to. Could always be pretty jammed too.)

rickdrat

Yikes, not fun. Thanks for that article. I'm prepared for the worst! I am considering getting a gas can to fill in the event that I have to crawl along I-95 like this. (I suppose I could always try to take 75 to just try and get north of the storm if I had to. Could always be pretty jammed too.)
Good idea. Fill it ASAP. 5 gallons can make a world of difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom