Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

Momof3petes

I rode this ride on its reopening day, the 26th. Will always love the ride. I sat on the front row, right side both times I rode and got wet each time. Yes, it is a water ride I suppose, but I've been riding this ride for years and it wasn't until the last couple of years that I remember actually getting this wet! Didn't notice any major changes, but everything looked good to my tired eyes (I'd been in the bubble almost a week at this point and it was my last night).

Clamman73

image.png

Chef Kronk

I can't believe this. Disney had nearly 4 MONTHS to fix these glaring issues with the ride system and boats and it seems to be worse than it was before!

I could care less about the audio and animatronics. I've heard that it's vastly improved, but here's the bottom line: If people are getting drenched from the drop at the beginning, it just ruins the rest of the ride, especially for families with children who are getting soaked.

And to top it all off, it's still constantly breaking down. What was Disney doing all this time?Very disappointing.

ToTBellHop

I can't believe this. Disney had nearly 4 MONTHS to fix these glaring issues with the ride system and boats and it seems to be worse than it was before!

I could care less about the audio and animatronics. I've heard that it's vastly improved, but here's the bottom line: If people are getting drenched from the drop at the beginning, it just ruins the rest of the ride, especially for families with children who are getting soaked.

And to top it all off, it's still constantly breaking down. What was Disney doing all this time?Very disappointing.
I also could care less about audio, lighting, and AAs. Much less. It's the most important aspect of the ride. And as has already been stated, work is underway to bail out the ships.

Victor Kelly

Since it was built, this ride was never a soaker until recently. No, POTC you should not be getting soaked. Spray was always there with a few drops of water. It is clearly a stupid problem that needs attention. As for lockers, UNI, well we don't go that often. I do not like the idea of having to basically strip to get on a roller coaster or go through airport style security either. Which dingbat thought of this anyway. Clearly Disney saw the issues and guest complaints coming and deep sixed the Kali locker idea before implementation.

jbeechuk

I've said it before. They need to shut it down for 2 years. Completely gut it, expand it, and create a new ride system with the boats.

Brian Noble

I could care less about the audio and animatronics. I've heard that it's vastly improved, but here's the bottom line: If people are getting drenched from the drop at the beginning, it just ruins the rest of the ride
Quoted for truth. The four of us got near-Kali drenched on it last December completely unexpectedly, and none of us plan to ride it again until this is fixed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom