Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

ItlngrlBella

He was being sarcastic - I think there are going to be 2 camps on this doggie...

Team "shabby/historically accurate" mutt. (I don't have a current pic of but you can see it in the video earlier in this thread).

Or

Team "cute Fido / the dog we all grew up with" mutt:
image.jpeg

With nostalgia within me, I'm with the old school mutt - the new one looks rabid. :)

Last edited:

peter11435

He was being sarcastic - I think there are going to be 2 camps on this doggie...

Team "shabby/historically accurate" mutt. (I don't have a current pic of but you can see it in the video earlier in this thread).

Or

Team "cute Fido / the dog we all grew up with" mutt: View attachment 112794

I'm with the old school mutt - the new one looks rabid. :)
The pirates in the ride directly refer to him as a "mangy mutt."

MerlinTheGoat

Except it's the exact same animatronic. Only the fur has been changed
I was referring to the exterior fur, not the animatronic endoskeleton within. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Can anyone confirm if the cloud effects are back in all their pre-2006 glory? Shame if they are not because the effect is so simple but has a significant impact on the overall atmosphere of the ride.
As I said earlier in the topic, the clouds were actually switched back on before the ride was taken down for refurbishment. They were working when I visited in May (I was surprised to see them after so many years of not working). They seemed a bit fuzzier than they were when new and/or properly maintained, but i'd imagine they got some love during this refurb. I haven't ridden it since it came out of rehab, but i'd be surprised if they weren't working now.

Last edited:

Bocabear

In the Battle Room they had a projection of a moon with clouds blowing in...like an approaching storm over the fort directly ahead...It looked amazing....and then it disappeared. Have not seen it back on in a long while... Is this effect back on? It gave such depth to the room...

Oddysey

I was referring to the exterior fur, not the animatronic endoskeleton within. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

As I said earlier in the topic, the clouds were actually switched back on before the ride was taken down for refurbishment. They were working when I visited in May (I was surprised to see them after so many years of not working). They seemed a bit fuzzier than they were when new and/or properly maintained, but i'd imagine they got some love during this refurb. I haven't ridden it since it came out of rehab, but i'd be surprised if they weren't working now.

Thanks for the reply. I am just looking for confirmation because past experience dictates that just because they were on in May does not mean they were turned back on post refurb. For example, they were working great just before the 2006 refurb. I would have anticipated that they still be activated post refurb, but they were not. Your assumption seems highly logical, but when it comes to the parks I am always skepticle until I am given hard evidence.

YodaMan

sounds like they need to load the back rows and not the fronts now

It's possible, but I'm not sure that's the solution either. I once rode on a full boat (24 people instead of the "allowed" 23) and most of the weight was towards the back. As a result, it took longer for us to "drop," so to speak. Not sure how much sense I'm making, but the added weight meant we approached the drop much slower than usual, and the front end of the boat hung over the edge for quite a bit before we had enough weight to "tip" downward into the drop. And that created a much larger splash than I've ever experienced.

Prog

1. Did they fix the flume, or is George still going nuts? (I see lots of intermittent closures, much like it was in March.)
2. I see that in wdwmagic's video there are no cannon splashes. Any info on this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom