Disneyland Maintenance Reporting Thread

Phroobar

Yeah, yesterday was our last day and I didn’t have the energy to end my night in the City Hall line. But I will try tweeting it out or something, as well as complaining to management. At the end of the day it’s all futile if no one else is complaining. Parks are full…
The best way to complain is with your wallet. Don't return to Disneyland. Don't buy anything Disney related. Get rid of your annual pass. Turn off Disney+. Encourage others to do the same.

It does no good complaining to City Hall or whining about it on an obscure forum if your just going to show up there next week and many more times in the year. By buying Disney goods and services, you approve of everything the company does.

bryanfze55

The best way to complain is with your wallet. Don't return to Disneyland. Don't buy anything Disney related. Get rid of your annual pass. Turn off Disney+. Encourage others to do the same.

It does no good complaining to City Hall or whining about it on an obscure forum if your just going to show up there next week and many more times in the year. By buying Disney goods and services, you approve of everything the company does.
Definitely don’t have an AP as we never go more than once per year. But still, point taken. It’s definitely a conundrum, because while the trash situation in the queues was terrible - we still had a great time otherwise once we got into a rhythm with the logistics of Genie+. It unfortunately does feel like more preparation is required now to have a good day, which is unfortunate. I loved the spontaneity of our trip last year.

But as I said - still had a good time. There were enough little things that happened throughout, from character interactions to cast member interactions, that reminded us why we love it. We ended up talking with a NOS cast member about PotC being our mutual favorite ride, and he let us go into the paid viewing area for the second showing of Fantasmic (we did not do a dining package to warrant that).

My older daughter and I went to Universal Hollywood one day, and we were done after seven hours… no desire to go back. It just doesn’t feel the same. It felt as though Six Flags found the money to build really good rides - the whole being so much less than the sum of its parts. Disneyland still manages to feel greater than the sum of its parts. I would just note, that’s not praise of Iger, Chapek, or the current leadership. It’s praise for the artists and visionaries that came before. I’m probably lying to myself, but I at least tell myself I’m supporting them by continuing to go - and Chapek getting my money is just collateral damage.

I still intend to complain when I see things that could be improved. Nothing is perfect.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Saw this video in my feed today. So many amazing effects that were left to rot. Look at the big gestures Indy's making! The snake's level of articulation! I've never in my life seen the fangs retract like they do in this video. What a shame.
That maintenance crew has pride in their work. They liked showing off their effects. Now I don't think they care. It's just a job to them that they do badly.

Too bad they didn't show off the ice debris machine effect. That has been gone since the first year.

Chupaca Bruh

We rode Indian Jones 3 weeks after it opened when the lava was falling form the ceiling, flames shot up form the "bubbling pool" and lasers shot across the central room. The area was super spectacular and kinetic. It is too bad Imagineers invent great affects but then there is no budget to keep them working.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Anyone ridden Indy lately? I'm curious if the pre-show film is still reduced to just the 30-second Sallah segment (as it was during my visits in December and May). Can't wrap my head around why it was edited in the first place, or why it's taken so long to restore it to its previous length. I've read it was changed due to covid... but I'm not sure how that makes any sense at all.

waltography

Anyone ridden Indy lately? I'm curious if the pre-show film is still reduced to just the 30-second Sallah segment (as it was during my visits in December and May). Can't wrap my head around why it was edited in the first place, or why it's taken so long to restore it to its previous length. I've read it was changed due to covid... but I'm not sure how that makes any sense at all.
It is, and I agree. It was a change made when the parks first opened last year as part of the COVID rule that they had to get you in and out of the attraction within 15 minutes; given the social distancing requirements, we naturally breezed through that part of the queue as it was no longer used as a holding pen. No reason why they can't add the Eye on the Globe advert now though.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

It is, and I agree. It was a change made when the parks first opened last year as part of the COVID rule that they had to get you in and out of the attraction within 15 minutes; given the social distancing requirements, we naturally breezed through that part of the queue as it was no longer used as a holding pen.

Ohhhh, I understand now. Thanks for explaining.

No reason why they can't add the Eye on the Globe advert now though.

Agreed. The fact that it's July 2022 and the full film still hasn't been restored speaks to how little they care (about storytelling, about the guest experience, and about the poor CM who has to stand there for hours).

DisAl

They don't do much for their buildings either. I saw an area of rotten wood on a building in the Magic Kingdom on our June 2021 trip. The same rotten wood is still there as of June 2022. Looks like the daubed a little caulking compound on part of it but the rotten wood is still there.
DSCN8170.JPG

eddie104

They don't do much for their buildings either. I saw an area of rotten wood on a building in the Magic Kingdom on our June 2021 trip. The same rotten wood is still there as of June 2022. Looks like the daubed a little caulking compound on part of it but the rotten wood is still there.
View attachment 653583
This post is absolutely silly like who pays attention to stuff like this ?

Things have wear and tear and don’t last forever.

Not saying Disney shouldn’t fix this but come on now are we really going to the parks and searching for things like this ?

Last edited:

wdrive

This post absolutely silly like who pays attention to stuff like this ?

Things have wear and tear and don’t last forever.

Not saying Disney shouldn’t fix this but come on now are we really going to the parks and searching for things like this ?

If I’m paying hundreds of dollars a day just to get into somewhere, I’d expect the place to not be literally rotting. Disneyland used to have standards, standards a lot higher than this.

eddie104

If I’m paying hundreds of dollars a day just to get into somewhere, I’d expect the place to not be literally rotting. Disneyland used to have standards, standards a lot higher than this.
Wood rotting is not something Disney can control. That’s due to natural factors like weather.

I totally get other issues like Animatronics not working or missing effects. But this screams nit picking to the tenth degree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom