Main Street Trolley tracks

sixbagelboy

Original Poster
Let me start off by saying I love the horse drawn trolley and miss seeing it every time I go to the park and would hate to see it gone forever, however when I visit the MK I see someone's shoe or stroller wheel being tripped up by the trolley tracks embedded in the street making it a safety hazard. With the trolley being used so little, why don't they discontinue it and pull up the tracks?

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Fairly certain you could say the same thing about every curb, incline, decline, surface material change, step, expansion joint, etc. If you remove everything that a person could possible stumble over you will end up with a park as featureless as the Bonneville Salt Flats.

ce04411765

sixbagelboy

Original Poster
Fairly certain you could say the same thing about every curb, incline, decline, surface material change, step, expansion joint, etc. If you remove everything that a person could possible stumble over you will end up with a park as featureless as the Bonneville Salt Flats.

ce04411765
True, but curbs, inclines, declines, surface material changes, step, expansion joints, etc don't usually run down the middle of a well traveled walkway. If they do, they are repaired.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
True, but curbs, inclines, declines, surface material changes, step, expansion joints, etc don't usually run down the middle of a well traveled walkway. If they do, they are repaired.
I beg to differ. You literally have all of the things I mentioned in this one picture from POFQ with a manhole cover thrown in for good measure.

Look around any walkway anywhere in WDW or anywhere else for that matter and you will find a myriad of minor obstacles.

DSC01368.JPG

DVC4bestvacations

Let me start off by saying I love the horse drawn trolley and miss seeing it every time I go to the park and would hate to see it gone forever, however when I visit the MK I see someone's shoe or stroller wheel being tripped up by the trolley tracks embedded in the street making it a safety hazard. With the trolley being used so little, why don't they discontinue it and pull up the tracks?

Seriously???
If you get to the Magic Kingdom in the morning you'd see it every time. You would even get to see the entertainers that ride the trolley up and down mainstreet.

sixbagelboy

Original Poster
Seriously???
If you get to the Magic Kingdom in the morning you'd see it every time. You would even get to see the entertainers that ride the trolley up and down mainstreet.
Apparently I was mistaken. I am an AP and I don't rush to get to the parks in the morning. I guess by the time I get there (after noon) the trolleys aren't operating anymore. That said, I stand corrected. Everyone have a great day!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Great idea isn’t it. And have a flat phone by 4pm.

Disney is a step ahead......they're always a step ahead.

Question posed by a Disney Exec: How can we get more people to buy:
?

Answer from another Disney Exec: Let's make them download a bunch of c*ap, and have them play games on their phones......and we'll drain all their batteries.........

MAGICFLOP

You can't people proof the parks... if you take away the tracks, they will just find something else to tumble over...

Spoken as someone who has tumbled many times (just not in WDW)

UncleMike101

Or people could just watch where they’re going
But....But......
That would require people, especially those younger ones, to put their portable "prison cell" in their pocket and actually look at what's going on around them.
Why, they might even notice that they're in the middle of the Worlds most popular vacation spot and are surrounded by other humans, and not the ugly little critters inhabiting their fantasy Internet world that mesmerizes them ALL DAY...............

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom