News Main Street Photo Supply Co. Being Replaced By Plaza Point Holiday Shoppe

jmuboy

I appreciate DL for maintaining its Victorian era vibe as opposed to what it’s Florida cousin has done to their Main Street

MarvelCharacterNerd

So they're going to just move all the ornaments and nutcrackers from next door in China Closet over and call it a new store?

1633398909972.png

Vegas Disney Fan

Isn't there a holiday shop in Fantasyland? Does there really need to be two?
There is but it’s small and I doubt most people even realize it’s there since it’s kind of tucked away on the side. It’s just an ornament shop also, sounds like the new ship will offer a lot more variety.

smooch

Not gonna lie I have always loved the Main Street Photo Supply Co signage / decor but never went inside for anything actually in there. I think the concept art for this replacement still looks good but I will miss the red and gold exterior theme. The first time I went to Disneyland after getting myself a nice camera years and years ago one of the first things I took a picture of was the Main Street Photo Supply Co sign glowing in the evening because of how much I've loved it for some reason I can't explain why. Overall I guess I don't really care about this change, hopefully it'll be a better use of space inside and they pull off the theming of the exterior well so it blends in with the rest of Main Street.

DrAlice

Didn’t expect that. Looks like it should be quite nice. A better use of the space IMO.

I'm getting very cynical, I think.

Disney's over-hype of a STORE is nauseating. It is not "an amazing space" or "an amazing story". It's A STORE.

Don't get me wrong, it looks pretty and I'm glad they are keeping to theme (which should be expected, right??). I'm sure many guests will really enjoy this and Disney will make a ton of money. But at the end of the day: It's. A. Store. What's with the "look how immersed you will be" BS??

I guess that's life in the age of social media. I don't think I would've seen commercials in the 80s to advertise a new holiday shop. It would've just appeared.

Ok. middle-aged lady "you kids get off my lawn" grumblings complete. Carry on...

Last edited:

VJ

Original Poster

Disney's over-hype of a STORE is nauseating. It is not "an amazing space" or "an amazing story". It's A STORE.

Don't get me wrong, it looks pretty and I'm glad they are keeping to theme (which should be expected, right??). I'm sure many guests will really enjoy this and Disney will make a ton of money. But at the end of the day: It's. A. Store. What's with the "look how immersed you will be" BS??

I guess that's life in the age of social media. I don't think I would've seen commercials in the 80s to advertise a new holiday shop. It would've just appeared.

Ok. middle-aged lady "you kids of get off my lawn" grumblings complete. Carry on...
a new source of instant revenue is always something to brag about for chapek and d'amaro

see also pelican's landing

Californian Elitist

Ok. middle-aged lady "you kids of get off my lawn" grumblings complete. Carry on...
I’m 29 and said to myself the exact same thing when I watched this foolery yesterday. It absolutely is nauseating and fake.

“Tell this amazing story?” What story? There is no story. When one of them painters said, “it makes me feel like I’m creating and being a part of the magic,” I said “you a damn lie” under my breath. I would have much rather preferred they had said something like, “we hope our guests enjoy the attention to detail,” or “we want our guests to have fun in this store as they anticipate some of their favorite holidays throughout the year.”

The buffoonery has gotten out of control.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom