News Main Street Fire

Darkbeer1

>>A small fire in a backstage area at Disneyland was quickly extinguished Thursday night, Feb. 6.

A video posted on Twitter showed flames rising above a fence near where the Jungle Cruise boats are stored. The make-believe Disneyland fire station is in the frame, to the left of the flames. Some park guests stopped to watch while an employee blocked off the area.

Anaheim Police Department Sgt. Shane Carriger said Anaheim Fire & Rescue responded just after 6 p.m. The first crew to arrive canceled the rest of the response and had the fire out within minutes, Carriger said.

It was not immediately clear what burned or how the fire started. A message was left with a Disneyland spokesperson seeking comment.<<

I just can't wait for the official response....

Edited to add response.

>>
A small fire in a backstage area at Disneyland prompted the closure of Adventureland on Thursday night, Feb. 6. The fire was quickly extinguished.

A Disneyland official said an area of vegetation burned. Disneyland’s fire department and Anaheim Fire & Rescue put out the flames. Main Street remained open.

No guests or employees were injured, and no structures were damaged, the official said.<<

Last edited:

DrAlice

I'm feeling deja vu.... wasn't there a fire in this the same location before? Anyone remember that or am I confused?

George Lucas on a Bench

Screenshot_20200206-223828_Chrome.jpg

For whatever reason, I believe this more than the "I work at pirates" post.

tirian

I'm glad the small fire was extinguished, but...

It's stuff like this that just makes me laugh and laugh and reminds me why I love the Internet. 🤣
Good thing those treetops behind Florida’s MK are out of Guest view! Although it’s not a common occurrence, trees have caught fire during enough fireworks shows that a team is always standing by, ready to put it out.

DL’s was probably due to a pillaging, plundering pirate looking for the Redhead auction.

Darkbeer1

>>A state agency that inspects amusement rides has concluded that a backstage fire that forced Disneyland to temporarily close Adventureland and caused isolated power outages in the Anaheim theme park was caused by a construction generator.

The fire that erupted in a backstage area on Feb. 6 between the Disneyland Firehouse and the Emporium gift shop was quickly extinguished by Disneyland’s fire department and Anaheim Fire & Rescue.

“The fire was related to a generator supplying power to a building,” California Division of Occupational Safety and Health spokesperson Frank Polizzi said.

The temporary generator was being used during construction, Polizzi said.

The fire burned an area of vegetation near the Jungle Cruise attraction. Disneyland officials said no visitors or employees were injured by the fire and no buildings were damaged.

Adventureland was temporarily closed to visitors after the fire. Adventureland was available to guests the next morning at park opening, Disneyland officials said.

DOSH contacted Disneyland shortly after seeing media reports about the fire, Polizzi said. DOSH decided not to investigate the Disneyland fire because it was unrelated to a ride or the maintenance of a ride, Polizzi said.

DOSH, better known as Cal/OSHA, is the state agency that inspects amusement park rides and issues operating permits for theme park attractions.<<

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom