main street electrical parade

hrmom26

i missed the electrical parade last time i went is there a special day they have it and is it listed anywhere ahead of time. i would like to no so i can plan on being in the park that night. i think it is so pretty i was so bummed out when i realized i missed it last time i want to be sure not to miss it this time thanks :wave:

A "Ghost" Host

Are you talking about Disney's California Adventure? Or did you mean Spectromagic? The Magic Kingdom once had the Electrical Parade for a little while, but now we are back with Spectromagic. If your talking about CA I can't help ya, but Spectromagic can be seen an hour before the Wishes Fireworks, and on special nights (extended hours *not extra magic hours*) There is a performance before and after the Wishes fireworks. You may have missed it because the park closed earlier (around 8-9 o'clock.) You'll most likely see it when you come back, those early closing days are a little rare.
Hope that Helps!

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

Spectro Magic I am sure they are talking about unless they were thinking Disneyland.

Main Street Electricial Parade was at the WDW twice. In the 70's for many years into the 80's. Then just recently of 4 years or so ago.

Upvote 0

hrmom26

Original Poster
scottnj1966 said:
Spectro Magic I am sure they are talking about unless they were thinking Disneyland.

Main Street Electricial Parade was at the WDW twice. In the 70's for many years into the 80's. Then just recently of 4 years or so ago.

i was thinking of spectro magic i couldn't remember the name also it is WDW not disneyland.
thanks i was some upset i missed it last time i wanted to be sure to see it this time and i didn't no if they showed it everyday or not
thanks

Upvote 0

pacochran

I know that the last two years we went in October which is a slower month and they only offered it one night a week, but when we went in the begining of December this past year I believe it was either two or three times during our week stay. So I think it veries. If you stay at the resorts, make sure you get one of the schedules it usually shows it for that month.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Also, on the wdw site, if you click on the dates on the calendar, it usually tells you what nights it is there - usually on Saturdays during off-season at least. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Just for your information - if you go to the Walt Disney World website and click on parks, then Magic Kingdom - about half way down on the left side it shows park hours. Bring up the monthly park hours - then click on the day you want - they show the park times for parades and fireworks. Check each day you are there to find the day that SpectroMagic on being shown. It is not on everynight, but it has been there at least one evening during each of my trips. I recommend that you check about the week before you go again - just to make sure they haven't changed dates.

Upvote 0

Jen214

I'm going to WDW for the first time next month, so I've never seen any of the parades there...

That said, the electrical parade has been at California Adventure the last two times I've been there in as many years and it's just perfect. It's highly one of my favorite parts of the park. I think I love it so much because it has the characters from my generation and my parent's generations... the real characters. ;) It really is the magic for me.

Upvote 0

scrooge

Hi!

i'm really interested in technics of spectromagic

I'm not living in states so i never seen this parade but in video. And i have a lot of questions. If you could help me, i'll we be really happy! I've made a search but i didn't find answers to this questions:

First question is:

In the beginning of spectromagic (1991) there was people with red light, front of the floats to help the driver. In the last videos i've seen, nobody walk along the parade to help the driver of the floats. Why? is there a new system to help conductor inside the float? Or i haven't seen correctly? if yes what is this system?

Second question is about music

How does the music is displayed? i mean, each float have its own loop. But i don't understand how does it works with the underliner in the street? I've heard chimes in video when no floats was front of guests. But is the music in the underliner change to display the unit music you are seing, or is it a generic music of spectromagic or is it only chimes?

Third question is about lyrics:

Jiminy welcome people at the begining of the parade. But 10 minutes and 5 minutes before, there is two spiels, with jiminy and with a boy voice. Have you got the text of this spiel and perhaps a live record of them? Could you write it?
What are the words Ursula says? I heard two sentences "Oh handsom, won't you like to be my friend? i'm starting a collection", and i heard a second sentence but i don't understand the words. Could you help me?

Fourth question is about the floats

Do you know the real name of the floats? like unit 1 is for mickey's float for exemple?
An other question is: wich floats are linked? I think Génie and Goofy floats are linked but i'm not sure... The second linked i think is instruments and Chip and Dale floats. The family fish before the little mermaid :dad fish and mum fish are they linked? etc. could you tell me so wich floats are linked and wich not?

Fifth question is about puppets

At the beginning it seems that Sebastien and JIminy was puppets, and now i seems it's animatronic... Is it right?

I hope you have understanded my english, i did my best :) Thank for reading and helping me. If you got any question about Disneyland Paris i could help you too.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

scrooge - Here are some sites with info, not sure how many of your questions can be answered but here they are anyway. As for the technology changes, we are more advanced in how to deal with things now than when the parade first started, just a sign of the ever changing times.

http://allearsnet.com/tp/mk/spectromagic.htm - this has the things Jiminy Cricket says.

http://www.spectromagic.com/music/index.html - this has clips of the music.

http://www.mouseears.net/id72.htm - audio clips from the 1991-1999 and 2001 - present parades

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][Adult Voices]
On this magic night,
A million stars will play beside us,
Cast a spell of light,
Glimmering, shimmering, carousel-ling
'Round the world tonight,
A symphony in SpectroMagic.
Pure enchantment lights our way!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][Jiminy Cricket]
"Welcome to the splendor, the spectacle, the sparkling sensation, where the comedy and thrill of Disney fantasies come to electric life.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And now, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents, in a million points of musical light, the magic worlds of Disney...in SpectroMagic!"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][Children's' Voices]
Music surrounds us
Laughter that found us
Twirling around this
Carousel of light and laughter!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We shall remember
This moment together
Let this night forever
Live in our dreams!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][All/Adult Voices]
On this magic night,
A special spell of light,
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][Children's' Voices]
Music surrounds us
Magic around us
Twirling around us
Carousel of light and laughter!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Though we say goodbye
We cast a spell that won't be broken
Let this night forever
Live in our dreams!
[/FONT]
So long! Se ya later!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][All/Adult Voices:]
On this magic night,
A special spell of light,
[/FONT]
So long! I'm Jiminy Cricket...in SpectroMagic!
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

scrooge

Thank you ErickainNJ! i went to these web site yet and i found some information but not all that i want... That's the reason of my questions on this forum because i think that people who have seen the parade could have some answer! I'll try to post too in spectromagic comunity if i can reach it ...

in fact in Disneyland Paris, parades run since a long time, but there is always people to help drivers. So i'm asking if there is something inside the float who help the driver... :) I like the technics behind the magic :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom