Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

mikenatcity1

I hope they mention once and for all what is happening- it's confusing to read PtN is confirmed to stay at DL, but confirmed to be moving to WDW. All I know is that i'm just sad it's not going to be at DL when i'm there Sept 17.

For what it's worth, looking at the schedule for MK, MSEP has no times after Dec 30 (while other attractions and entertainment do).

Last edited:

TTA94

I'd like to see Disney clear this all up, along with ROL! We've been talking PTN for a week now, now we added MSEP this week into the mix and we are no closer to ROL.

I know I saw a tweet yesterday regarding a live chat with WDW's Ambassadors this afternoon? I can't recall the time but, might be worth it to take a look.

Is there a link to this live chat? Kind of doubt a Disney Ambassador would make this kind of announcement, but who knows.

ToTBellHop

I just heard separately that they do indeed plan to send Paint the Night to Florida while DL fixes up its "classic" MSEP (again). We will see if they follow through (and I'm not sure why WDW couldn't just fix MSEP itself. Perhaps this is just a cheap way to provide something "novel" for both Magic Kingdoms in 2017). With the changes coming to DL, they can use all the nostalgia they can get...

I'd rather see PtN at DHS, personally. More fitting there.

ToTBellHop

It's pretty interesting seeing how strong both the "this is happening" and the "no, it's not" camps are on this topic. Usually it seems like mostly everyone is on the same page, but for this one it's hard to figure out what's really happening.
I believe it has been a bit of a snap decision.

Along these lines--WDW has had a nightly (or almost nightly) parade for many years and guests expect it, but MSEP needs a full refurbishment or replacement. DL can go back to running a parade seasonally (which they honestly would prefer due to nighttime crowding at DL), offering time for a refurb of MSEP. Out west, they will view an updated MSEP as a nostalgic treat while those of us on the East Coast will gladly watch our like-new hand-me-down and the always-cheap TDO can put out a "new" parade for pennies. As usual, it's not really the right decision for WDW, but it still functions as an improvement for us, so I guess I welcome it. WDW improvements of late usually stir an emotion along the lines of "well, this is better than nothing!" from me. And nothing is what we would have. I can't see MSEP surviving more than a year without a full refurb. And we won't get a new parade until at least 2021.

Last edited:

brb1006

I think it's pretty clear WDW isn't getting PTN. (I hated it anyway.) Are we delusional here? It's brand freaking new at DL, there's no way it's "glowing away" so permanently so soon from DL.

Ok.
1. MSEP is my favorite thing ever. How about a retooled Wishes and Dreamlights-style makeover to the existing MSEP? They're already using the crappy Dreamlights version of Baroque Hoedown. So fix up the rest of it! Both are pretty synonymous with MK / WDW to me anyway, they've been around for so long. Just wishful thinking, I suppose...
That being said...
2. The Tinker Bell float is atrocious these days with the missing tarp on her balloon & out of sync/not working pixie dust.
3. On several occasions recently, the sound has been out-of-sync on the Cinderella pumpkin float.
4.They have had some sound issues with the underliner not transitioning properly into the closing window vocoder/fanfare of lights. They've changed it three times in the last year.
5. Speaking of lights - the area lights don't even dim or come back up at the proper time anymore.
6. Do they EVER have a full run with all the bugs and critters from the Alice Unit? Maybe once a week, yeah? Ugh.
7. Elliot's steam rarely works.
8. I can't hear a darn thing Alice or Pete say.
9. Why is WDW letting this wonderful, classic piece of Disney history rot? Oh wait...it's TDO we're talkin' about here...nothing is sacred to them. NOTHING.
I loved the Dreamlights version way before they used it for the parade in 2009.

mikenatcity1

I believe it has been a bit of a snap decision.

Along these lines--WDW has had a nightly (or almost nightly) parade for many years and guests expect it, but MSEP needs a full refurbishment or replacement. DL can go back to running a parade seasonally (which they honestly would prefer due to nighttime crowding at DL), offering time for a refurb of MSEP. Out west, they will view an updated MSEP as a nostalgic treat while those of us on the East Coast will gladly watch our like-new hand-me-down and the always-cheap TDO can put out a "new" parade for pennies. As usual, it's not really the right decision for WDW, but it still functions as an improvement for us, so I guess I welcome it. WDW improvements of late usually stir an emotion along the lines of "well, this is better than nothing!" from me.

What are the chances of Paint the Night actually returning to DL in the future? MSEP was originally run as a limited run with rumors of Spectromagic refurb being done (I saw it on tour being fixed up and got very excited) but then it changed and years later it will finally end.

brb1006

What are the chances of Paint the Night actually returning to DL in the future? MSEP was originally run as a limited run with rumors of Spectromagic refurb being done (I saw it on tour being fixed up and got very excited) but then it changed and years later it will finally end.
I remember Spectromagic was going to return for the third time since MSEP was originally going to be there for the Summer of 2010 but it lasted much longer.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

When put in these terms, I can grudgingly accept this garish cavalcade coming to our park. Given the choice of no nighttime parade or this, I guess I'd chose Paint the Night coming over.
If it came in early 2017 and ACTUALLY left in 2021 for a new nighttime parade custom-built for WDW, I'd view it as acceptable. If it ends up being an excuse to can our 2021 parade, I'll be quite frustrated (and yet, that sounds like a very-TDO move, doesn't it?).

ToTBellHop

They don't usually like to take things from WDW. We aren't always known for taking care of parades. If they put in the time and effort to fix up MSEP, they will (rightfully) want to keep it for themselves. It's no secret that the new 60th anniversary entertainment received less-than-glowing reviews, so in a sense I'm sure they are happy to see everything go.

mikenatcity1

If it came in early 2017 and ACTUALLY left in 2021 for a new nighttime parade custom-built for WDW, I'd view it as acceptable. If it ends up being an excuse to can our 2021 parade, I'll be quite frustrated (and yet, that sounds like a very-TDO move, doesn't it?).

I hope for DL's sake it doesn't stay for 5 years...let them enjoy the parade built for their celebration a little longer than a year just so another park can be cheap :)

Of course, on the flip side, the crowds at DL just for PtN were horrific- it will be nice to not have to fight those when going!

ToTBellHop

I wouldn't hold my breath for a new nighttime parade for our 50th. We all know TDO will view this as the be all end all long term solution
Unfortunately, I agree. They get a new parade for us for next-to-nothing and just have to put together Wishes 2.0. Win for them. Maybe they'd give us a new daytime parade, but those are much cheaper to put together than nighttime parades, of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom