Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

TP2000

If TDO steals PTN, it won't be because of the 45th, it will be because they're creativity-free cheap wastes of space who want something new with no real investment.

TDO: get your own parade.

An already hysterical thread just got funnier. While I agree with you, that blunt message (however truthful and accurate) won't be received well by some of the peanut gallery here.

But what's worse is that it's a message that seemingly can't/won't get through to the actual decision making executives in the TDO building off I-4. Nor will it change the way they've made decisions about their property for at least the last 15 years.

cslafferty

1. I saw PTN at DLR last Dec. and, maybe because of the hype, I was underwhelmed. The floats were cool. I personally didn't like the soundtrack. Just wasn't wow-ed.
2. Everyone knows that if it's on Facebook, it is true. (dripping with sarcasm)
And . . . get ready haters . . .
3. I love MSEP and Wishes and hope they never leave.
(covers head and runs)

jrhwdw

I was replying to a post in the ROL thread but I’ll put this here also since some of it deals with MSEP.

I don't think Disney knows what they're doing honestly. I can't see them extending it though

Been thinking about this tonight, I don’t think that’s the problem. If Disney REALLY doesn’t know what they’re doing, then we’re all in trouble! Every Attraction and Entertainment offering is in trouble! I think the problem is, Disney knows what they’re doing, they’re just not being upfront with some things. They have no problem telling us about MRFF’s new seasonal finales and Elena’s new Castle Show.

But we haven’t heard an update on ROL since JB was announced. DL went on Twitter to announce PTN’s close with no mention of it going seasonal in DL.(Even if it is going seasonal) Is there even a Blog Post yet with everything that’s ending on Sept 5th???

Then there’s this MSEP thing: Either this is true and it got leaked(Saying CMs now know about it is an important statement, true orf not)or it’s some Wild rumor put out there to get us all excited,(Which isn’t good IMO)

If it’s true, hopefully they have a plan already. PTN coming to MK would be nice if it will fit on MS, and can get over here in an appropriate length of time and also would explain DL being mum on PTN’s future plans. (if that's the real plan)Or MK could give us that new night parade concept art we talked about over in the TDL forum back in spring. BIG wishful thinking I know but hey, we’ve been surprised before... I was SHOCKED when PTN was in the headlines last week!!!

mikenatcity1

I was replying to a post in the ROL thread but I’ll put this here also since some of it deals with MSEP.

Been thinking about this tonight, I don’t think that’s the problem. If Disney REALLY doesn’t know what they’re doing, then we’re all in trouble! Every Attraction and Entertainment offering is in trouble! I think the problem is, Disney knows what they’re doing, they’re just not being upfront with some things. They have no problem telling us about MRFF’s new seasonal finales and Elena’s new Castle Show.

But we haven’t heard an update on ROL since JB was announced. DL went on Twitter to announce PTN’s close with no mention of it going seasonal in DL.(Even if it is going seasonal) Is there even a Blog Post yet with everything that’s ending on Sept 5th???

Then there’s this MSEP thing: Either this is true and it got leaked(Saying CMs now know about it is an important statement, true orf not)or it’s some Wild rumor put out there to get us all excited,(Which isn’t good IMO)

If it’s true, hopefully they have a plan already. PTN coming to MK would be nice if it will fit on MS, and can get over here in an appropriate length of time and also would explain DL being mum on PTN’s future plans. (if that's the real plan)Or MK could give us that new night parade concept art we talked about over in the TDL forum back in spring. BIG wishful thinking I know but hey, we’ve been surprised before... I was SHOCKED when PTN was in the headlines last week!!!

You hit on something that's been eating at me- the only place where DL has mentioned PtN was closing was in responses to questions in the blog. There was a blog announcement about World of Color-Celebrate and Disneyland Forever, but it never mentioned PtN...the responder to the comments said the future hadn't been decided (as of last week) but we know that could have been false...

Hopefully they clear this up once and for all soon!

Bacon

It's not going anywhere. There was no meeting, there was no announcement that its ending. I know performers from both MSEP and PTN and they just laugh at these rumors. MSEP is staying at WDW and PTN is going seasonal at Disneyland.
dea4f2facd917b47bcf446fae2c1ae54cd3c5e2c4b4cf9bc35dcd20840a9ab9e_1.gif

GiveMeTheMusic

I don't blame anyone at WDW for wishing with all their might that PTN is coming their way. When your flagship theme park is running a 44 year old parade into the ground, things are in a sad, sad state of affairs.

Bacon

• DLR was not as prepared as they thought they knew they were getting rid of it after the 60th
  • DLR is happy running a parade (night or otherwise) seasonally
  • WDW knows to god MSEP will be retired before their 50th
  • WDW will have a new night parade for the 50th
  • WDW does not want to be without a night parade for more that 9-12 months (9 months or less is preferable)

brb1006

I don't blame anyone at WDW for wishing with all their might that PTN is coming their way. When your flagship theme park is running a 44 year old parade into the ground, things are in a sad, sad state of affairs.
While some do wish PTN would come to WDW. Other including me don't want it to come to WDW and want another original electrical parade like the former Spectromagic parade which debuted for Walt Disney World's 20th Anniversary in 1991. But I'm having a feeling it might become a tough act to follow after Spectromagic ended.

rodserling27

I think it's pretty clear WDW isn't getting PTN. (I hated it anyway.) Are we delusional here? It's brand freaking new at DL, there's no way it's "glowing away" so permanently so soon from DL.

Ok.
1. MSEP is my favorite thing ever. How about a retooled Wishes and Dreamlights-style makeover to the existing MSEP? They're already using the crappy Dreamlights version of Baroque Hoedown. So fix up the rest of it! Both are pretty synonymous with MK / WDW to me anyway, they've been around for so long. Just wishful thinking, I suppose...
That being said...
2. The Tinker Bell float is atrocious these days with the missing tarp on her balloon & out of sync/not working pixie dust.
3. On several occasions recently, the sound has been out-of-sync on the Cinderella pumpkin float.
4.They have had some sound issues with the underliner not transitioning properly into the closing window vocoder/fanfare of lights. They've changed it three times in the last year.
5. Speaking of lights - the area lights don't even dim or come back up at the proper time anymore.
6. Do they EVER have a full run with all the bugs and critters from the Alice Unit? Maybe once a week, yeah? Ugh.
7. Elliot's steam rarely works.
8. I can't hear a darn thing Alice or Pete say.
9. Why is WDW letting this wonderful, classic piece of Disney history rot? Oh wait...it's TDO we're talkin' about here...nothing is sacred to them. NOTHING.

WDW1974

Take this for it is worth, but yesterday entertainment front-liners at DL were claiming a big announcement was coming today.

And they are saying that PtN is coming to WDW (as absurd as it sounds) and MSEP will be returning to DL AGAIN in January. I have no way of verifying this at all, just passing it along.

TTA94

Take this for it is worth, but yesterday entertainment front-liners at DL were claiming a big announcement was coming today.

And they are saying that PtN is coming to WDW (as absurd as it sounds) and MSEP will be returning to DL AGAIN in January. I have no way of verifying this at all, just passing it along.

Here we go again lol... IF there is any truth to this, I hope this Big Announcement is from the Parks Blog and not just among the CMs.

jrhwdw

Here we go again lol... IF there is any truth to this, I hope this Big Announcement is from the Parks Blog and not just among the CMs.
I'd like to see Disney clear this all up, along with ROL! We've been talking PTN for a week now, now we added MSEP this week into the mix and we are no closer to ROL.

I know I saw a tweet yesterday regarding a live chat with WDW's Ambassadors this afternoon? I can't recall the time but, might be worth it to take a look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom