Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

champdisney

Gah. I remember getting stuck in place while Spectro went by. Creepy potato-face creatures and a horrible soundtrack about shimmering-shimmering... and I didn't give a hoot. Yecch. Didn't see it as a gem the first time I saw it, and I'm happy it's still in the dustbin.
Well, that's obviously your opinion and I disagree with it. The little things you complained about is laughable, did you forget this parade was in the Magic Kingdom? Good lord.

discos

I'm thinking at some point before 2021 Festival of Fantasy will start running twice daily, one showing being a bit later in the day to accommodate for the missing electrical parade.
If i remember correctly, wasn't FOF equipped with an on board lighting system like Soundsational, or at least rough fitted for one? Part of me remembers hearing that on these forms when FOF opened.

jrhwdw

If i remember correctly, wasn't FOF equipped with an on board lighting system like Soundsational, or at least rough fitted for one? Part of me remembers hearing that on these forms when FOF opened.
I know there was talk of MSEP ending when FOF opened. Thankfully that never happened. I still believe in a MK having a day and night parade even if it is seasonal. Even if FOF looks great when it runs at sunset during the Christmas Day Parade Taping.

There were rumors awhile ago that MSEP may get sent back to Disneyland (those rumors apparently resurfaced between Disneyland CMs following the Paint closing announcement). I think some of the biggest concerns regarding Paint (possibly) going to Magic Kingdom involve storage space as well as money. The Mack float is huge. If MSEP moves out, they may have room for it, but that float is HUGE. It's also unknown if that float would even be able to be utilized on Magic Kingdom's parade route. They might have to remove that unit if Paint comes over to Magic Kingdom.

Further more, there's not much room left in Entertainment's budget for another new thing this year. Entertainment at Magic Kingdom is producing two new castle shows this year as well as the Royal Welcome for Elena of Avalor (and I'm sure some money is going into making Mickey and Minnie's facelifts go global in Magic Kingdom and the other parks). Granted, this may change once the new fiscal year starts in October, but for now, it's not looking likely.

I'm not saying it's impossible for Paint to come over here (I mean, crazier and more sudden things have happened), but it's not incredibly likely this year from a storage/financial standpoint.

Disone

There were rumors awhile ago that MSEP may get sent back to Disneyland (those rumors apparently resurfaced between Disneyland CMs following the Paint closing announcement). I think some of the biggest concerns regarding Paint (possibly) going to Magic Kingdom involve storage space as well as money. The Mack float is huge. If MSEP moves out, they may have room for it, but that float is HUGE. It's also unknown if that float would even be able to be utilized on Magic Kingdom's parade route. They might have to remove that unit if Paint comes over to Magic Kingdom.

Further more, there's not much room left in Entertainment's budget for another new thing this year. Entertainment at Magic Kingdom is producing two new castle shows this year as well as the Royal Welcome for Elena of Avalor (and I'm sure some money is going into making Mickey and Minnie's facelifts go global in Magic Kingdom and the other parks). Granted, this may change once the new fiscal year starts in October, but for now, it's not looking likely.

I'm not saying it's impossible for Paint to come over here (I mean, crazier and more sudden things have happened), but it's not incredibly likely this year from a storage/financial standpoint.
I would think Mac can fit. MK's parade route is wider. If mac can make those turns in Disneyland's town square, it can make any of the turns of MK's Parade route.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
So I saw PTN in person for the first time the other night. I like it better than when I watched online, but I'm still not entirely sold on the parade. It definitely pales in comparison to Dreamlights over in Tokyo. I'll give a detailed reason why I don't really like it if anyone asks.

TP2000

I would think Mac can fit. MK's parade route is wider. If mac can make those turns in Disneyland's town square, it can make any of the turns of MK's Parade route.

The two Town Square's and Main Street's are identically sized, width curb to curb and length Station to Castle, at both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom Park. The turns at Disneyland's Town Square are identical to the turns at Magic Kingdom's Town Square. The parade route dimensions of the Central Plaza are also identical. It's the moat and landscaped areas that are wider and more expansive at Magic Kingdom. But the parade route/street is identically sized in both parks.

Hubs.png

It's that turn over the bridge into Liberty Square that makes things narrower and more difficult for Magic Kingdom parades. The gentle curve up the wider Matterhorn Way at Disneyland allows them to have wider and bigger floats in Anaheim than they can at Magic Kingdom Park. Which is ridiculously ironic.

Disone

The two Town Square's and Main Street's are identically sized, width curb to curb and length Station to Castle, at both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom Park. The turns at Disneyland's Town Square are identical to the turns at Magic Kingdom's Town Square. The parade route dimensions of the Central Plaza are also identical. It's the moat and landscaped areas that are wider and more expansive at Magic Kingdom. But the parade route/street is identically sized in both parks.

is

It's that turn over the bridge into Liberty Square that makes things narrower and more difficult for Magic Kingdom parades. The gentle curve up the wider Matterhorn Way at Disneyland allows them to have wider and bigger floats in Anaheim than they can at Magic Kingdom Park. Which is ridiculously ironic.

IDK..... Mac is 54 feet long. FOF's Dragon is 53 feet long. MSEP's To Honor america is 118 feet long, but of course is hinged several times making it possible. But it was not altered to be able to fix MK or DL's route. However the argument has been make that the DL's route between Alice and Matterhorn was too night for Spectro Magic to fit, specifically the Chernabog float with its 30+ foot wing span. Now granted Maleficent is not 11 feet wide at nose and tail, and Mac is through out. But Peter Pans float is wide and a very healthy length and is NOT hinged at all. Mac might be longer but will bend. Peter Pan does not bend and probably represent the longest piece of float that does not bend successfully making the turns. MK's route can and does handle big floats. How long is the forever lasting castle float, which is still used in the Christmas parade? It got to be close and that thing is wide.

mikenatcity1

Hubs.png

Is the picture of MK with the new hub design? I haven't been there since it was completed and was curious if this would affect it any (for the better or worse).

And i'll agree about Mac- seeing it in person in numerous locations in the hub and Main St, Mac appears to almost not fit (but is absolutely amazing to watch). I was a little curious how/if he could fit from Liberty Square around the hub :)

GiveMeTheMusic

DLs maybe but WDW could take Hong Kongs and give them MSEP lol. Though that would be a disappoint as Hong Kong does not have the drum or Frozen float.

HKDL paid for the original development of PTN. Why in the world would they just send it to WDW?

Again, WDW is not getting PTN. If WDW is lucky, it'll get its own light parade sometime before we all die.

AndrewsJ

It doesn't matter because Paint the Night isn't moving to WDW.
I'm going to trust GiveMeTheMusic on this one. Although having seen PTN in person over a dozen times I would love to see it paint the night in WDW. My local friends out there love it as well and never miss it. I would hope for something unique at WDW or even the night time version of FOF. I do my best to avoid MSEP at all costs. I loved it when I was a kid and loved it again when DLR brought it back but I can't stand watching it shake and shimmy like it's going to fall apart at any minute.

As is the case with most attractions, YouTube videos of PTN pale in comparison to the real thing.

brb1006

There is a rumor that cast have been alerted that MSEP is retiring this fall. Has anyone else heard this? MSEP can't glow on forever. Eventually it must glow away. But our hearts will glow on.
I hope they find a place to put all those floats once it's finally over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom