Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

doctornick

Hollywood Studios already has three night time shows scheduled through summer (Fantasmic, the Star Wars fireworks, and Music of Pixar Live). As much as I'm sure they're doing everything they can to get people to come to Hollywood Studios despite half the park being under construction and the rest only offering a limited number of attractions, it would seem a bit much to try and squeeze in a forth night time show/event of this magnitude.

I don't think I'd put the Pixar concert in the same category, but your point is taken...

That said, I think having a daytime parade at DHS is something that should definitely be going on right now (and I think their last Pixar parade is still there just sitting in storage...)

NothingRhymeswithOrange

Electric Boogaloo

raf,750x1000,075,t,green_triblend.2u3.jpg

TTA94

Should PTN ever grace the streets of MK, I'm wondering if PTN would have to take FoFs route from Frontierland to Main Street.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
What do you call the 3 o clock parade that starts at 2 o clock?

It's still the 3 o'clock parade. Just now when people ask what time it starts you tell them 2:00PM.

In all seriousness. Any insight on this decision? Any reason to believe its due to the possibility of a new night parade and they want to spread out the crowds a little more?

TTA94

I don't understand a certain blogger's conclusion that moving FoF to 2 p.m. is because of PTN. There have been 3 p.m. parades and night time parades for years with no issue. Why would this be indicative of something like PTN?

My bets are due to the seasonal party nights when the park closed early. Not Paint related news.

TP2000

We went to DL last summer and thought PTN was awesome!!!

Yeah, Paint The Night is truly awesome. Really fresh and vibrant and upbeat and toe-tapping fun, even for an old codger like me.

The hot rumor coming from a very-solid and very-reliable poster with an inside track, @GiveMeTheMusic is that the Paint The Night floats are all still securely stored in Anaheim and that Team Disney Anaheim is now seriously considering moving Paint The Night to...

Disney California Adventure. So the PTN move isn't 2,500 miles to the east of Disneyland, it's just 200 yards to the south of Disneyland to California Adventure, which is a park that just happens to have the longest and largest parade route of any Disney theme park anywhere. Plenty of room to soak up the nightly Paint The Night crowds before they all move over to watch World of Color.

Because when Fantasmic!! 2.0 debuts this summer at Disneyland, crowds for that new Disneyland park show will be EPIC, and moving PTN over to California Adventure will help spread the crowds. A very smart move for TDA.

The thread over in the Disneyland forum where this hot-off-the-rumor-mill news is being discussed is here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/where-can-we-do-this-again-ptn-taking-a-trip.927334/

Last edited:

jrhwdw

My bets are due to the seasonal party nights when the park closed early. Not Paint related news.
Sorry, but MK has had MVMCP since 1983, MNSSHP since the 90's, No change from 3PM till now. Only thing I can think of is if not PTN, is maybe FOF finally getting a night performance on non party nights? 2PM and 9PM were used for parades before MSEP and Spectro

Another thought is maybe HEA before MVMCP? Wishes did it for a couple years. Although that wouldn't explain Aug 20th, no way HEA could be done before MNSSHP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom