Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jrhwdw

Communication today wasn't clear, with them sidestepping to "decisions haven't been made about future plans" yet instead of continuing the closing forever talk. PTN is planned to run at Christmas and summer in DL. From what I understand it needs some serious refurbing of floats and costumes after running daily for 15 months, and the 10 week or so break will give them time to do some work on it.

Forgive me but why couldn't DL say something along those lines about PTN coming back. I just ripped DL in the 60th thread because it sounded like it it was closing for good.

Goofnut1980

No one really knows what is going to happen. I don't see them spending SO much money on a parade when Florida keeps a 200 year old parade. I would think they should ship it FedEx Ground Saver and then once the final MSEP float breaks down, they can just use it for free. Because Florida prefers free. No need to be original any more.

What was the slogan... Reduce, Recycle, Reuse! lol

Disney4family

The new slogan -
f43b9713b1730852eff1af606db316af.jpg

TTA94

It may get refurbed and return for the Holidays but what happens after that is the question I think.

ddd8170

Lemme breakkkkkkkkkk it down....No, Paint the Night is not moving to Magic Kingdom (at least not at this time, who knows where it'll be in 10 years). It will become seasonal at Disneyland, running during the Christmas season, and again during the summer season. I have seen this confirmed by performers in the parade who were told about this months ago. In it's later years, MSEP did this as well at DL. There's no confirmed reason for this, whether it's budget cuts or the show needing a refurb (probably a combination of both imo).

WDW however, doesn't have anything up it's sleeve in terms of new nighttime entertainment. Without a doubt, their plan is to continue with MSEP and Wishes until their 50th in 2021; at which time they'll probably get the same treatment DL got for it's 60th, a new fireworks show and nighttime parade for MK. But that's still FIVE years from now. Personally, I don't see MSEP lasting that long in it's current state, especially since it's been performed mostly twice a night for the last seven years (and it's probably already among the oldest and/or longest running parades in the entire world). I'm thinking at some point before 2021 Festival of Fantasy will start running twice daily, one showing being a bit later in the day to accommodate for the missing electrical parade. This has been done in Paris and Anaheim over the last decade with their day parades and I feel like this was the plan all along with MK.

TP2000

Lemme breakkkkkkkkkk it down....No, Paint the Night is not moving to Magic Kingdom (at least not at this time, who knows where it'll be in 10 years). It will become seasonal at Disneyland, running during the Christmas season, and again during the summer season. I have seen this confirmed by performers in the parade who were told about this months ago. In it's later years, MSEP did this as well at DL.

It wasn't just the later years that it did that. MSEP ran in summer only in the 1970's into the mid 1980's. In the late 1980's through the 1990's it ran summer and sometimes for two weeks around Easter vacation (I remember it did this for two weeks in spring, 1995). Then during it's 1996 "Farewell Season" it ran nightly for almost six months straight, which was a huge novelty at the time. It never ran at Christmastime in the 1970's to 90's, that time was reserved for the Christmas parade only.

Fantasmic! and fireworks at Disneyland ran under that same general schedule from the 1980's into the 2000's too.

When MSEP returned to DCA in 2001 it ran in summer only, then ran on weekends in spring later in the 2000's in addition to 12 week summer runs before it moved to WDW in 2010.

A seasonal run of a nighttime light parade is how it worked at Disneyland for decades. Only in very recent years did the concept of nightly year-round spectaculars on the street and in the sky become a thing. But until Fantasmic! returns to Disneyland in its updated format next summer, this fall will be quiet at Disneyland in the evening. No wonder they just booked all those popular bands for Tomorrowland Terrace!

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Don't get me wrong I LOVE MSEP. I remember seeing it when I was a small child but nostalgia aside...it's time for something new and unique to the east coast.

PtN is amazing, but just like CarsLand I like the fact that you have to go to DL to see it. Let's get something new, fresh & unique for FL alright?

mikenatcity1

I am going back to DL for my anniversary 2 weeks after the Diamond Celebration concludes. I was hoping PtN would be around. I sincerely hope it's only for a refurb. Knowing how DL is passholder driven (rather that tourist driven), i'm used to seeing major attractions go down regularly in the slow season. I'm just sad that I will be there a Mon-Fri and have no entertainment (even Frozen is showing as possibly going on hiatus, according to the recent phone call to Disney).

I hope PtN stays at DL and WDW gets a new parade (well, something new to the USA).

wdwfan22

Paint the Night will return to Disneyland for the holidays and is expected to be part of the summer entertainment schedule. It's also rumored to be shortened from it's original version when it returns for the holidays this year.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Don't get me wrong I LOVE MSEP. I remember seeing it when I was a small child but nostalgia aside...it's time for something new and unique to the east coast.

PtN is amazing, but just like CarsLand I like the fact that you have to go to DL to see it. Let's get something new, fresh & unique for FL alright?

We had Spectromagic but that went to the scrapper when the price of scrap was high.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom