News Main Street Electrical Parade and A Christmas Fantasy Parade to return

brb1006

Baffles me why DL does not rebuild the whole thing and have their own Dreamlights. Same goes for WDW.

I mean they did change the finale for MSEP. So perhaps they will continue to upgrade the floats?
Because the U.S. Parks is to cheap to make an American version of Dreamlights. Let alone constantly updating the parade every few years by removing or adding newer units compared to Japan.

Californian Elitist

This is a fair point, and I do go to DL every other year for exactly that reason. But I think the concept of no nighttime parade is one we can complain about.

And if they wanted to, they could certainly create a new version of MSEP for WDW for far less than a new ride would cost. They just have to want to do it. I wonder if they will sell us on a new parade at D23 rather than the return of HEA. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I made that comment because it’s the second time we’ve (us DL regulars here) been told that we shouldn’t complain because WDW… It’s BS because what goes on in Florida has nothing to do with us over here on the west coast. Some of us are tired of MSEP going and coming. If we’re tired of it, we’re tired of it. It’s not like we shouldn’t feel tired because WDW doesn’t have a nighttime parade at all. Same with Fantasmic!. A few people were complaining about the crazy crowds on nights when we have both a firework show and Fantasmic!. We can’t complain because DHS doesn’t have its Fantasmic! back yet. Makes no sense. We’re not concerned about what’s going on in Florida, and I would wager to guess that primarily WDW fans aren’t concerned about what happens in California.

I agree that WDW should get its own night parade, one that belongs to the resort. The DLR shouldn’t have to ship any of its own parades out there. But until TDO wants to do it, either way, I’m still going to lament about MSEP and no PtN.

brb1006

I think we all (DLR fans) lament no PtN.....

Plus WDW doesn't deserve a new nighttime parade until TDO learns how to properly take care of the floats.
I'm surprised WDW didn't create a building that housed their parades after all this time. If that was created years back, then Spectromagic would had still existed.

Last edited:

drizgirl

It’s not our fault that WDW management is cheap. At this point, comparing TDA and TDO is a waste of time, since it’s very clear which one is willing to spend a little more money and which one isn’t; they are separate from each other. Regarding WDW’s lame ongoing 50th anniversary, that’s not “us DLR people’s” fault either. TDO was cheap before the pandemic. And they didn’t have “nothing” for their big anniversary. That’s simply not true, but we both know that. What they came up with may not be to your liking, but it’s not “nothing.”

If some of us are tired of MSEP or want fewer nights of nighttime entertainment, we have a right to our feelings. I highly doubt we’re considering the feelings of WDW fans whenever we don’t like something about our parks, and same vice versa. Why should we care about something we have but WDW doesn’t have? Vice versa, why should WDW fans care about something they have but we don’t have? You guys got KiteTails and we didn’t get a new daytime show (Lion King isn’t new). See? That’s something.
Goodness. Such strong feelings. Of course you're free to feel how you like. Just as I'm free to feel how I like.

And if you want to go on record as defending what WDW presented for their 50th as adequate, have at it.

Honestly though, good luck with hoping for less night entertainment at DLR. They wouldn't be doing what they are it if it wasn't so popular. The reason some dislike it is the very reason it keeps coming back. Because it's so popular. As evidenced by the huge crowds lining the street every night their shows and parades run.

WDW fans are constantly comparing the resort to the DLR and what we have versus what they don’t have. Just appreciate what you do have or book a trip to the DLR.

You know it's not an either/or situation, right? We've been to DLR about as many times as we have been to WDW. We were there for the amazing 50th and 60th celebrations. I am actually a bigger fan of DLR than I am of WDW. We only headed back to Orlando on our last couple of visits because Universal has more Harry Potter than Hollywood.

I'm equally invested in both resorts. I have opinions on both resorts. I travel to one over the other for a complicated myriad of reasons. Some personal, some financial (we have USO APs right now) and some logistical.

So if something works out, or doesn't work out, I will express what I like. Regardless of what you think.

Californian Elitist

Goodness. Such strong feelings. Of course you're free to feel how you like. Just as I'm free to feel how I like.

And if you want to go on record as defending what WDW presented for their 50th as adequate, have at it.

Honestly though, good luck with hoping for less night entertainment at DLR. They wouldn't be doing what they are it if it wasn't so popular. The reason some dislike it is the very reason it keeps coming back. Because it's so popular. As evidenced by the huge crowds lining the street every night their shows and parades run.

You know it's not an either/or situation, right? We've been to DLR about as many times as we have been to WDW. We were there for the amazing 50th and 60th celebrations. I am actually a bigger fan of DLR than I am of WDW. We only headed back to Orlando on our last couple of visits because Universal has more Harry Potter than Hollywood.

I'm equally invested in both resorts. I have opinions on both resorts. I travel to one over the other for a complicated myriad of reasons. Some personal, some financial (we have USO APs right now) and some logistical.

So if something works out, or doesn't work out, I will express what I like. Regardless of what you think.
I’m matching your energy and your post. Goodness.

I’m not defending anything regarding WDW’s 50th. I said it was lame.

Your comment about the nighttime entertainment should be directed at @mickEblu and @Ne'er-Do-Well Cad. I agree that nighttime entertainment likely isn’t going anywhere.

It is either or, based on the way you’ve worded your other posts. You call us out as if you’re speaking mainly from the point of a WDW fan, then wonder why I respond the way I do. Talk to TDO, don’t come for us for our opinions.

I never said you don’t have a right to your feelings. However, your posts singling us out for the complaints we have simply because WDW doesn’t have whatever it is we’re complaining about are weird. Let us be lol. Regardless of what you think, the next time you make a similar post, which you’re free to do, I’ll be right here, responding in the same fashion.

😁👍🏾

jrhwdw

IDK how long Spectro could have lasted but why DLR shipped MSEP over to MK instead of DL Park for DL 's 55th, I'll never understand!

PiratesMansion

I think any non Tokyo local needs to start complaining on Tokyo Disney boards about how good they have it.
Maintenance aside, it honestly sounds like DLR is a better overall (or at least, closer to normal) experience than Tokyo at the moment.

For example, as annoying as the reservation system is in the states, you never have to worry about being able to buy a multi-day ticket, which was being done as a lottery system over the summer.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Honestly though, good luck with hoping for less night entertainment at DLR.

As one of the people who was whining about Disneyland's nighttime entertainment, I should clarify that a tranquil park without parades/fireworks is simply my personal preference; I don't actually think Disney should scrap the nighttime entertainment nor do I have any illusions that Disney would ever do such a thing. Obviously Fantasmic, the parades, and the fireworks are astronomically popular (and always will be).

Kind of like how Haunted Mansion Holiday isn't really my jam but I can plainly see that other guests absolutely love it, so I understand why Disney does it every year. Not everything is for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom