Main Street Cinema has a new facade

Shigg. W. McGee

The marqee actually looks the same. The paint job, I think, looks nice. Probably not "period accurate", but whatever. I agree with you about the fake brick. Disneyland should feel like the real thing, which means using real materials.

EDIT: How it looked before:
1920px-Disneyland-MainStreetCinema_full.jpg

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
The marqee actually looks the same. The paint job actually looks pretty nice. Probably not "period accurate", but whatever. I agree with you about the fake brick. Disneyland should feel like the real thing, which means using real materials.

EDIT: How it looked before:
1920px-Disneyland-MainStreetCinema_full.jpg

Oh lol. No wonder I like the marquee. It’s just everything new that sucks.

nevol

I think the bricks are just painted over. Because if you look at the top corner, the concrete is dark, where the sun is casting a shadow into the crack. If it was all fake, there would be no texture to it and the creases would all be the same color.

VJ

I think (hope) they're gonna be refurbing the rest of Main Street to match this new aesthetic (along with the new brick pavement installed earlier this year). If so (and if executed well), I'll be fine with the change. But for now... I dunno.

nevol

I think (hope) they're gonna be refurbing the rest of Main Street to match this new aesthetic (along with the new brick pavement installed earlier this year). If so (and if executed well), I'll be fine with the change. But for now... I dunno.
Yea. There is a richness to it that wasn't there before. The burgundy/reds are nice and rich. However, the street right now is full of subtle greens, blues, salmons, corals, pinks, orange and yellow/mustard colors so the overall effect is red white and blue without being too literal and flat. Not a ton of "red" brick though. I like it but not at the expense of everything else that works. Curious if they move in a more saturated/darker direction or if this was exclusive to the theater. Not sure what color I would prefer, but I've never been big on the emporium's yellow with that orange stone.

TROR

Yea. There is a richness to it that wasn't there before. The burgundy/reds are nice and rich. However, the street right now is full of subtle greens, blues, salmons, corals, pinks, orange and yellow/mustard colors so the overall effect is red white and blue without being too literal and flat. Not a ton of "red" brick though. I like it but not at the expense of everything else that works. Curious if they move in a more saturated/darker direction or if this was exclusive to the theater. Not sure what color I would prefer, but I've never been big on the emporium's yellow with that orange stone.
This feels far grittier and unwelcoming imo. What's currently there is definitely more romantic and charming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom