News Main Street Cinema Chapeked - UPDATE!!

Figments Friend

Those very old cartoons are the reason any of this even exists. It’s lovely to watch them on Main Street, the original “very old cartoons” that were so original and captivating, they were the spark that someday would result in Disneyland itself.

This.
All of it.
I have always seen it the exact same way.
Glad to see I am not alone.

This is why the Main Street Cinema is a important feature of the Park.
It's a gentle and reflective reminder of where Disneyland 'came from'.
That fact needs to be respected.

Shoving a bunch of unrelated, generic DLR merchandise in there shows no respect to that space.
Even more 'proof' today's Disney has lost sight of its true roots.
:(

( rant mode now switched on....you have been forewarned )

Every freakin' public space or Guest area at Disneyland does not need to have a merch table hawking wares.
There are already several dozen speciality shops, carts, gift plazas, emporiums, pin stands, and souvenir spots present...and many of them already on Main Street in the immediate area.
The Park is already utterly overflowing with every kind of t-shirt, plush, book, and knick knack one can think of and then some.
We don't need MORE places for Guests to buy stuff, exspecially the same stuff that is already readily availible literally right next door!
:mad:

I would like to know who came up with the suggestion to stick a merch stand in the Main Street Cinema.
WHY was it even discussed among the brass at TDA to follow through with this idea ?
Do they really feel this space needs to be 'filled' with something more appealing for today's Guest?
Do they really think this is what Guests want...?
Are they so clueless as to what those 'boring old cartoons' mean and represent to the WDC's history that a need was felt to 'enhance' it?
What about this little thing called 'Attraction variety' and 'the quality of the Guest Experience'?

This just smacks of a shallow mentality.
Utterly, outrageously STUPID move.
This is right up there with the recent decision to show contemporary marketing movie trailers in the Opera House instead of the historic ( and unique) Animatronic presentation with Mr. Lincoln.

I do hope it's temporary.
Let's hope so.

On a more cheerful note -

Love the title of this thread.
So incredibly appropriate.

-

Figments Friend

Everyone, let's do our part and contact Disneyland to express our distaste.

I think this email should do the trick, I couldn't find a better option to contact them (though I may give them a call in the next day or two also).

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/

If folks want to make their voice better heard, I recommend writing a physical letter and postal mailing it directly to Guest Relations / City Hall at Disneyland directly addressed to a particular person.

E-mails too often are overlooked to some extent and if responded to receive little attention.
A written letter, exspecially one mailed to a individual, often does get read and gets 'heard'.

Ignore any naysayers claiming 'it doesn't make a difference'.
It CAN.
Just do it!

-

Figments Friend

My take on this...

It is a direct consequence of DLR being so heavily dominated by local APs, and an indirect consequence of today's overcrowded state. Main Street cinema is not going to make the "must see" list for many out-of-towners. Those peeps have paid through the nose for limited time in the parks and just don't have time for a supplementary attraction like this. Too many other big things to do. Time is short. Lines are long. The kids are anxious.

The only people frequenting this place are the locals who can drop in whenever, without feeling like they're wasting time or missing something else.

I must be the 'weirdo fan' then....as I live 2,800 something miles away on the opposite Coast and ALWAYS spend some time sitting in the Main Street Cinema enjoying the experience.
I love watching those cartoons, at Disneyland Park, and taking a break to reflect during a adventure filled visit.
Those cartoons enabled that Theme Park to exsist, in some respects, and they are quite a fun novelty to see in that setting.
Well, for me anyway.....

Typically, I visit about once a year and I'm no longer a DLR APer.
So I come out there from a ways away and look forward to those types of experiences in addition to the major Attractions and entertainment offerings.

I enjoy the 'unique' experiences Disneyland Park has to offer.
It is these unique, 'side Attractions' and more subtle offerings that keep me coming back to California instead of WDW in Florida.

Those little themed areas add some lovely atmosphere to the Park and enhance the overall experience, in my opinion.
It makes for a great variety....and variety is the spice of life!
:)

-

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

If folks want to make their voice better heard, I recommend writing a physical letter and postal mailing it directly to Guest Relations / City Hall at Disneyland directly addressed to a particular person.

E-mails too often are overlooked to some extent and if responded to receive little attention.
A written letter, exspecially one mailed to a individual, often does get read and gets 'heard'.

Ignore any naysayers claiming 'it doesn't make a difference'.
It CAN.
Just do it!

-

Do you have an address and person to address it too? I'll send one.

Figments Friend

Do you have an address and person to address it too? I'll send one.

Others here may have additional suggestions, but I would start by sending a couple of letters to the president of DLR, Josh D' Amaro.

Write concise letters expressing your thoughts in a tasteful, professional, yet direct way.
Sending a enraged 'rant' is not going to effectively get your point across.

Write em' up, and send em' here -

Josh D' Amaro
Team Disney Anaheim
700 W Ball Rd.
Anaheim, CA 92802

Josh D' Amaro
Disneyland Resort
1313 Disneyland Drive
Anaheim, CA 92802

:)

-

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs

An overwhelming urge to leave money at the table came over me. It’s as if Chapek knows my soul.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom