News Main Street Cinema Chapeked - UPDATE!!

trainplane3

The thing with this concept is that it's just done so cheaply and temporarily. This was an easy thing to do, move some random displays and a cash register in there, turn up the lights and hope the dollars roll in.

This Cinema junk looks slapped together and under-funded and designed to last three months. That's not cool.

Bob Chapek is really taking the parks in a bad direction. They just opened a new shop in Toy Story Land out in WDW, and it looks like a cross between a dentist's office and a strip mall toy store.

Toy-Story-Land-Toy-Story-Mania-Pop-Up-Shop-2019-001.jpg

Fluorescent lights and ceiling tiles? What?
I don't get the big deal. It's supposed to look like a Toys R Us that's on the verge of closing, right? WDI hit that concept out of the park! It's only missing the water soaked ceiling tiles and scuff marks on the floor but I'm sure those will happen naturally due to lack of upkeep the massive budget given for this beautiful expansion.

Anjin

Bob Chapek is really taking the parks in a bad direction. They just opened a new shop in Toy Story Land out in WDW, and it looks like a cross between a dentist's office and a strip mall toy store.

You're pulling our legs with this picture, right? There is no way they would do something this awful, right?

Right?

Californian Elitist

The thing with this concept is that it's just done so cheaply and temporarily. This was an easy thing to do, move some random displays and a cash register in there, turn up the lights and hope the dollars roll in.

This Cinema junk looks slapped together and under-funded and designed to last three months. That's not cool.

This is for real?

TROR

If you threw the toys on the ground, I would just as soon believe this is a picture of the toy section at Ross.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

I see Disney is knocking off that cheap little toy store in Fashion Island that stole their Toy Story logo.
newtoyshop2018-11-07.jpg

Last edited:

Mickeyboof

Woah woah woah where the good hell is this??

trainplane3

To be fair the entire Toy Story building in Florida looks like that inside. Low ceiling. Looks and feels terrible all around.
They atleast painted the ceiling tiles to be checkered. There was some effort there. The store didn't even go that far. Just nail some props to the walls, some cheap shelving, and done. I never expect much out of TSL but this is really crap.

Still haven't been to DL but them doing this total, low effort store thing to the cinema is heartbreaking.

shambolicdefending

I say we get a collection together to send @TROR to this store and have him stand in front of it keeping tourists away. He is not to leave until Disney changes it into storage.

My take on this...

It is a direct consequence of DLR being so heavily dominated by local APs, and an indirect consequence of today's overcrowded state. Main Street cinema is not going to make the "must see" list for many out-of-towners. Those peeps have paid through the nose for limited time in the parks and just don't have time for a supplementary attraction like this. Too many other big things to do. Time is short. Lines are long. The kids are anxious.

The only people frequenting this place are the locals who can drop in whenever, without feeling like they're wasting time or missing something else. And, from Disney's perspective, the name of the game is pushing the APs annual spend as high as they can get it. Ergo, more shops go up in places like this that APs are known to inhabit with greater frequency. Bust out the wallets passholders! Those earnings-per-share increases don't create themselves.

VJ

This one in Main St Cinema seems to me like a pop-up shop as well.
Oh, don't you worry, my naive little friend. By the end of summer, they'll post a candy-coated announcement on the Parks Blog that'll go something like this: "Due to popular demand by our valued Guests, our Main Street Cinema pop-up shop will become a permanent and exciting new addition to Disneyland Park!"

Did you learn nothing from Alien Pizza Planet and Red Rose Taverne? Temporary is temporary until it isn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom