Main Demographic For DCA?

socalifornian

I think it's really interesting your friends like DCA over Disneyland because of 2 re-skinned rides (and RSR, but who's complaining about that? ;)).

The other two attractions don't hold a candle, IMO, to thrill attractions like BTMRR, Space, IJA, Splash, Matterhorn, (and perhaps now in the future, RotR and Smuggler's Run.) I think DCA struggles to capture the magic of Disneyland E-tickets.

One thing is for sure, someone would have to pay me to spend a full day, open to close, in DCA.
I don’t understand either. They don’t like Magic Mountains sea of coasters and I don’t think they really remember tower or screamin’ with how little they’ve done theme/amusement parks in the past. I’m the only one in the group that still calls them by the original names on accident. I had to backspace “tower” in my last comment

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
DCA doesn't even know what it is anymore. Disney seemed to have a plan a few years ago but gave up on it. Now it's just a patchwork of Cars, Marvel and craptastic overlays no one wanted.
That's kind of silly when the "gold standard" is Disneyland. Frontierland has nothing thematically in common with Tomorrowland either, that's kind of the point.

I know DLR fanboys are particularly butthurt about Pixar Pier, but I don't see why. The pier theme is still intact, it just has Pixar added onto it. It's not like they replaced it.

Also, Cars Land is the best themed land anywhere outside of WWoHP.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
That's kind of silly when the "gold standard" is Disneyland. Frontierland has nothing thematically in common with Tomorrowland either, that's kind of the point.

I know DLR fanboys are particularly butthurt about Pixar Pier, but I don't see why. The pier theme is still intact, it just has Pixar added onto it. It's not like they replaced it.

Also, Cars Land is the best themed land anywhere outside of WWoHP.

The gold standard is Disneyland, yes. The hub, the themed lands, the attractions. When they were designing DCA they seemed to forget about all of this. It's been biting them in the every since.

The problem with Pixar Pier is that it fixed none of the issues of Paradise Pier and basically reverted it to DCA 1.0 level tackiness. It also turned Screamin into a joke with it's cheap glitter effects and plastic character figures.

Carsland is the best thing in DCA. I have nothing bad to say about it.

BrianLo

I still think DCA is more appealing to tourists than locals. Which is probably its biggest perception problem. I easily think it consumes a full day, but I'm going year(s) between visits.

It's better than 2/4 WDW parks currently... but because it is saddled onto Disneyland, it is living under an inescapable shadow.

Sharon&Susan

That’s the problem, they should’ve started over from scratch without the Pier theme. Having a generic midway at a Disney park was both a bad idea and the final product was bad in execution. Pixar Pier doesn’t solve most of the issues that plagued Pixar Pier (instead sidestepping the issues) and in some places is worst than Paradise Pier. (Why is the interior for the Bing Bong shop somehow worse than its predecessor that was already pretty bad?)

DanielBB8

Get over it. The pier theme isn’t going away. They’re putting in Disney IP on the pier to make it more Disney. This had been done numerous times in other parks. Starting over means an entirely new theme and just about all the roller coasters and flat rides will disappear. Huh? How does this make sense? Pixar Pier is the equivalent of Toy Story Land that was added in Shanghai and Disney Hollywood Studios.

Californian Elitist

Get over it. The pier theme isn’t going away. They’re putting in Disney IP on the pier to make it more Disney. This had been done numerous times in other parks. Starting over means an entirely new theme and just about all the roller coasters and flat rides will disappear. Huh? How does this make sense? Pixar Pier is the equivalent of Toy Story Land that was added in Shanghai and Disney Hollywood Studios.

But you think Pixar Pier makes sense? LOL.

No.

Suspirian

Will never get it either? Madd T Party was the perfect venue and was so fun and popular. It finally hit the sweet spot of trying to be a little more cool but not cheesy. And it attracted both young and old guests while one of the biggest highlights to DCA 2.0. It did last for a few years but everything after it straight sucked.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think around the time that Mad T Party was cancelled there were rumors of a Monstropolis land going in the Hollywood Backlot area that were later canned. My guess is that it had something to do with that.

Sharon&Susan

Get over it. The pier theme isn’t going away.
I know, I can still critique the pier in whatever form it's in.
Starting over means an entirely new theme and just about all the roller coasters and flat rides will disappear. Huh? How does this make sense?
What sense does it make to make an entirely new theme and trashing most of the flat rides for some funny book heroes. Huh? How does this make sense?
Pixar Pier is the equivalent of Toy Story Land that was added in Shanghai and Disney Hollywood Studios.
And all four of the Toy Story Lands shouldn't exist.

DanielBB8

What sense does it make to make an entirely new theme and trashing most of the flat rides for some funny book heroes. Huh? How does this make sense?
Bug’s Land is redundant, but if they can remove it and replace it with something better, it would be a plus. Maybe you’ll get your wish someday.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
How anyone can justify Pixar Pier is beyond me. Disney character implementation is one thing, baby jack-jacks on a stick some repainting and a soundtrack change is something entirely different. Almost like a Six Flags version of a "themed" attraction / land.

I mean seriously, a chicken nugget stall straight out of Rollercoaster Tycoon?

TROR

Get over it. The pier theme isn’t going away. They’re putting in Disney IP on the pier to make it more Disney. This had been done numerous times in other parks.
Yet there's nothing Disney about it.

Starting over means an entirely new theme and just about all the roller coasters and flat rides will disappear. Huh? How does this make sense? Pixar Pier is the equivalent of Toy Story Land that was added in Shanghai and Disney Hollywood Studios.
And those suck too. Your point?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom