MagicBands...?

yensid67

Original Poster
We will be arriving in a short 190 days. We are spending 3 days at Disney(MK, EP, AK) we will be staying off property. Do you ADVISE buying MagicBands just for 3 days at off-site hotel?
Personally, buying the bands is gonna be useless to us other than having our tickets and FP's on them. I just think that we could spend the money for the basic bands elsewhere...just not sure!

So what do you think?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Your tickets can do the same things a magic band can do except open your hotel room off site. If you enter your info to MDE you can set up FP+ ADR and anything else you need to do ahead of time.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
All you'd get by buying MB would be slight convenience entering the parks, using FP+ and on-ride photos/videos. The transmit RFID [as opposed to the passive NFC RFID] gets your on-ride photos/videos without having to tap at the end of the ride. Some rides don't have any way to get the pics if you don't have the MB [7DMT is one]. Unless you're buying Memory Maker the photos are pretty expensive to get prints done and I don't think MM would be worth it for such a short trip.

You should set up you MDE account and buy tickets in advance. You can't book FP+ without valid ticket media on your MDE account. Staying off-site, your FP+ window opens 30 days ahead.

yensid67

Original Poster
Thanks guys! We WERE buying the Memory Maker, but we opted to save a little money since we are not picture people! Y'all convinced me....we won't buy MB, saving us a few dollars! WOO HOO...I like saving money!

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks guys! We WERE buying the Memory Maker, but we opted to save a little money since we are not picture people! Y'all convinced me....we won't buy MB, saving us a few dollars! WOO HOO...I like saving money!

:p:p:p:p

Keep telling yourself you saved money! Not that you'll notice at the end ......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom