Magicband+ question

DABIGCHEEZ

Original Poster
I really have extremely limited knowledge of the Magicband technology and I have not been following the whole magicband BS for a few reasons, but have a few questions as we may be heading there this summer. We have skipped a stop at WDW the last 3 years, and I am thinking after this visit we will be done for a few more years.
We are DVC members and book our hotel through them, we usually purchase tix from the disneystore(but I think we have purchased from AAA also). My question is if I book the room through DVC and get the tix elsewhere, where/how does all the info get on the magicband? Do we need to go to a Guest relations for that or can the Hotel do that at check in?
Is it just the room key, tix, and a charging function that is on the Band, or is it more? I know the fastpasses work off it somehow but what exactly do we have to do? Fastpass times at the 90day mark is very odd, but is that how it works?
Thanks in advance for any info.

lazyboy97o

You can link your tickets via the website or app.

MagicBands feature active tracking that so far is mostly being used to sync up PhotoPass photos from attractions automatically. Probably too soon to tell if other potential features (characters knowing your name, personalized attraction sequences) will be anywhere near available this summer.

Think of them like a reload able gift card in terms of FastPass+ and pre-arrival selections are 60 days out. You just tap your MagicBand or Key to the World card instead of handing over an individual FastPass.

Dwarful

We are thinking of a shorter trip this summer renting DVC points. How does the Magicband+ work if we rent DVC points? Do we still book FP's 60 days in advance? Thanks

Tom

Beta Return
We are thinking of a shorter trip this summer renting DVC points. How does the Magicband+ work if we rent DVC points? Do we still book FP's 60 days in advance? Thanks

The person renting you the points needs to put the room in your name, then give you the reservation number. You can then link it to your MDE account. We've done this for our upcoming stay on rented points. It shows up just like the reservations on our points.

And yes, you can also book FP+ at 60 days, as long as there is also valid ticket media linked to the MDE account.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom