MagicBand linking question

Turcicus

Original Poster
Is linking an in-park purchased MagicBand to your entire park account much easier nowadays? I'm heading to WDW soon, but haven't been for two years. On that trip I bought a band in-park and had it linked to my tickets/FastPasses and credit card right there in the store. But they couldn't link it to my room door - I had to have that done at the resort. Has this changed since I was there? Is it as easy as me putting that unique number on the back of the band into my account via the app?

Rob562

Is linking an in-park purchased MagicBand to your entire park account much easier nowadays? I'm heading to WDW soon, but haven't been for two years. On that trip I bought a band in-park and had it linked to my tickets/FastPasses and credit card right there in the store. But they couldn't link it to my room door - I had to have that done at the resort. Has this changed since I was there? Is it as easy as me putting that unique number on the back of the band into my account via the app?

Yes, it's as easy as putting the number in the app. The stores actually no longer link the Bands for you. They activate them but then it's up to you to link them.

As for giving door access, it *should* be automatic. When we were staying one night at Coronado last year, a friend linked his purchased specialty Band while we were sitting in the room. Thirty seconds later it successfully opened our room door. (That Band and all of our others also worked fine when we transferred to Saratoga the next day.)

-Rob

Turcicus

Original Poster
Yes, it's as easy as putting the number in the app. The stores actually no longer link the Bands for you. They activate them but then it's up to you to link them.

As for giving door access, it *should* be automatic. When we were staying one night at Coronado last year, a friend linked his purchased specialty Band while we were sitting in the room. Thirty seconds later it successfully opened our room door. (That Band and all of our others also worked fine when we transferred to Saratoga the next day.)

-Rob

Awesome, thanks Rob! I'm glad to hear the process has been refined.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom