1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

MagicBand linking question

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by Turcicus, Dec 6, 2017 at 10:50 AM.

1. Turcicus

Turcicus Member

Is linking an in-park purchased MagicBand to your entire park account much easier nowadays? I'm heading to WDW soon, but haven't been for two years. On that trip I bought a band in-park and had it linked to my tickets/FastPasses and credit card right there in the store. But they couldn't link it to my room door - I had to have that done at the resort. Has this changed since I was there? Is it as easy as me putting that unique number on the back of the band into my account via the app?

2. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    Yes, it's as easy as putting the number in the app. The stores actually no longer link the Bands for you. They activate them but then it's up to you to link them.

As for giving door access, it *should* be automatic. When we were staying one night at Coronado last year, a friend linked his purchased specialty Band while we were sitting in the room. Thirty seconds later it successfully opened our room door. (That Band and all of our others also worked fine when we transferred to Saratoga the next day.)

-Rob

3. Turcicus

Turcicus Member Original Poster

Awesome, thanks Rob! I'm glad to hear the process has been refined.