MagicBand+ coming to Disney Cruise Line?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The master shipbuilder himself says the name is more Disney, that's what the "+" means. You can't argue with that

I have a picture of that sign which also includes my opinion of it (It was from January 2017, so my disdain for him is not a new or recent development). I may have also snapped a similar picture of D'Ollar's sign with my opinion of it as well. ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I know you have - that's why I knew you'd appreciate it.

All results of that sign so far point to... it's false. :)

So I wonder if there's a name change on the horizon for the MagicBand. Because I'm sure there are a ton of consumers who get it confused with other wearables at other parks, so they need to make sure the marketing and branding is on-point and make sure people KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt, that it's a "DisneyBand". It's more Disney, you know.

Surfin' Tuna

All results of that sign so far point to... it's false. :)

So I wonder if there's a name change on the horizon for the MagicBand. Because I'm sure there are a ton of consumers who get it confused with other wearables at other parks, so they need to make sure the marketing and branding is on-point and make sure people KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt, that it's a "DisneyBand". It's more Disney, you know.
Plus, now that we are the magic, do we really need something "magic" on our wrists? It seems likely there would be a DisneyBand iteration before DisneyBand+ shows up.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's the announcement.

"Summer 2023 is bound to be action-packed for Disney Cruise Line guests! Not only are we celebrating our 25th anniversary with an exciting array of new, themed offerings, but we are also excited to announce that the popular MagicBand+ technology used at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort will start to make its way to Disney Cruise Line, beginning with a preview opportunity on select Disney Wish sailings before it officially debuts. At Disney Cruise Line, we are calling it DisneyBand+.

With DisneyBand+, you’ll be able to unlock the hands-free conveniences of wearable technology on the high seas for the first time on a Disney cruise. With three Disney Cruise Line-exclusive designs to choose from, DisneyBand+ will be the perfect accessory for your Disney cruise vacation."

The Disney Cruise Line website has been updated with the DisneyBand+ information.

"Already have a Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort MagicBand+? You can use it as a DisneyBand+ during your Disney cruise, starting with the Disney Wish preview."

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Here's the announcement.

"Summer 2023 is bound to be action-packed for Disney Cruise Line guests! Not only are we celebrating our 25th anniversary with an exciting array of new, themed offerings, but we are also excited to announce that the popular MagicBand+ technology used at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort will start to make its way to Disney Cruise Line, beginning with a preview opportunity on select Disney Wish sailings before it officially debuts. At Disney Cruise Line, we are calling it DisneyBand+.

With DisneyBand+, you’ll be able to unlock the hands-free conveniences of wearable technology on the high seas for the first time on a Disney cruise. With three Disney Cruise Line-exclusive designs to choose from, DisneyBand+ will be the perfect accessory for your Disney cruise vacation."

About time!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Same band with different names depending whether at a resort/theme park or DCL. CMs should be paid every time they'll be asked if their magicband works on DCL or if their disneyband works at WDW/DL. No amount of consumer education will save them.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
1680791943873.png

orky8

So, will a regular MagicBand work? I'm not seeing that in the FAQs. Seems odd that the + elements would be needed, but everything I see says +.

DCBaker

Premium Member
So, will a regular MagicBand work? I'm not seeing that in the FAQs. Seems odd that the + elements would be needed, but everything I see says +.

I believe it will be like Disneyland - the previous versions of MagicBand will not work. Only MagicBand+/DisneyBand+.

orky8

I believe it will be like Disneyland - the previous versions of MagicBand will not work. Only MagicBand+/DisneyBand+.
Thanks. I suspect you are correct. Seems like the most obvious question to me to be included in the FAQ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom