Magical Thanks to all my Friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
It's been a great 2 years on here, meeting some wonderful Disney fans...But unfortunately a joke I told long ago, that certain people thought wasn't a joke, has come back to haunt me..( see thread " If you go down to the parks today.) Some folk don't know when a joke is a joke, even if it backfired on me...On that original thread, I apologised, again and again, but to no avail...The same members once more have decided to get their revenge...So to all my true friends at WDWMAGIC ..I wish you many magical vacations..Keep the faith...Yours Truly..The Real Mad Hatter...;)..

Zweiland

Hatter, I really appreciate your posts. And so does everyone else here, or you wouldn't be the "most liked" person. The thread that you speak of is just a sensitive topic for everybody on both sides of the issue. People are going to have differing opinions, and that doesn't mean that they aren't your "true friends". Friends disagree sometimes; it's a part of life.

Again, I wish you all the best. I hope you continue to love the magic as much as you do.

ETA: @luv has enlightened me of the situation, which I had missed. Most of the above no longer applies. Please see my posts below. :)

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

"Start a new chapter
I find what I'm after
It's changing every day....
The change of a season
Is enough reason
To want to get away...." ;)

\m/ > < \m/ Cheers! \m/ > < \m/

Zweiland

Maybe you shouldn't make jokes about pinching teenage girls bums while the lights are out in the HM stretching room and blaming it on your 6 yo son.
:eek: I didn't see that. So that's what this whole thraed is about.

Well, sorry Hatter, but that's just wrong. Fortunately for you, I'm willing to forgive and forget if that's a "joke" you made long ago, and have taken it back since.

luv

There is no way he plans to leave. He just wants to be told how much everyone likes him...that will show him that it's okay to assault teenage girls in the dark.

Hatter, why don't you explain WHY that story, of you assaulting a young girl, WHY it was funny, even just to you.

We all know you aren't going anywhere, lol.

NiarrNDisney

Real Mad Hatter I hope you have not decided to leave WDWMagic over this bump in the road! I like many others like your Threads and the silly banter that brings us together to discuss a subject that brought us all here to begin with. I understand these "other" Posters feelings on this plight, and I hope you would agree that people are entitled to their own opinion's especially when it's about a subject that is a very sensitive matter. I have not read the Thread in question but anecdote or joking aside it wasn't the most appropriate comment. I can only assume the comment is not a reflection on your person, I understand that you have apologized for it and hope its heartfelt though I am guessing it is. As a poster here has said above - At some point in our lives we have all said or done something we wish we would have not! Unfortunately making mistakes is apart of being human but it's the way we grow from those experiences that makes us the people we become. Good Luck to You though I hope you don't leave.

luv

:eek: I didn't see that. So that's what this whole thraed is about.

Well, sorry Hatter, but that's just wrong. Fortunately for you, I'm willing to forgive and forget if that's a "joke" you made long ago, and have taken it back since.
The claim that it was a joke came after a few people pointed out how vile it is to assault young girls in the dark, as well as how cowardly it was to wait until it was dark.

THEN it was suddenly "a joke." Haha. Funny story about assaulting young girls.

Never any explanation of how on Earth that story was funny, much less "a joke."

There was never an apology. The apology doesn't need to given to us, anyway. That young girl and her family need the apology.

Zweiland

The claim that it was a joke came after a few people pointed out how vile it is to assault young girls in the dark, as well as how cowardly it was to wait until it was dark.

THEN it was suddenly "a joke." Haha. Funny story about assaulting young girls.

Never any explanation of how on Earth that story was funny, much less "a joke."

There was never an apology. The apology doesn't need to given to us, anyway. That young girl and her family need the apology.
I see. Well then, I don't really know how I should feel about this. Should I go on continuing to like Hatter's posts (since they are generally very good, especially the ones in the food section)? Or should I start hating on him because of something terrible he wrote that I didn't even see?

I don't know. I'm sure @real mad hatter regrets the so-called "joke" in the first place. I also don't know why he has put 2 people on his "hate list" for seemingly no good reason, one of which I inferred to be you @luv.

I think the right answer is still to forgive and forget. I do agree that if anyone needs an apology, it would be the young girl (assuming it wasn't actually a joke). But I'm afraid that may not be possible.

luv

I see. Well then, I don't really know how I should feel about this. Should I go on continuing to like Hatter's posts (since they are generally very good, especially the ones in the food section)? Or should I start hating on him because of something terrible he wrote that I didn't even see?

I don't know. I'm sure @real mad hatter regrets the so-called "joke" in the first place. I also don't know why he has put 2 people on his "hate list" for seemingly no good reason, one of which I inferred to be you @luv.

I think the right answer is still to forgive and forget. I do agree that if anyone needs an apology, it would be the young girl (assuming it wasn't actually a joke). But I'm afraid that may not be possible.
You do as you please.

It wasn't a joke. Well, I suppose when he said that if she didn't want to be grabbed, she shouldn't have had such a cute butt...I guess he thought that was funny. Her butt being so cute that he couldn't help himself...he may have found that amusing. He obviously thought it was a laugh riot that the girl had turned around, but when she saw a young boy behind her, she let it go. He had a good laugh about that.

I don't know who all is on his List, lol. I'm sure I am now.

Befriend him or don't...but I wouldn't suggest leaving your daughter to stand in front of him in the dark. She might be the next funny joke.

He's a great guy, if you discount the assaulting of young girls. So was Ted Bundy, if you don't count the pesky crime stuff.

Zweiland

You do as you please.

It wasn't a joke. Well, I suppose when he said that if she didn't want to be grabbed, she shouldn't have had such a cute butt...I guess he thought that was funny. Her butt being so cute that he couldn't help himself...he may have found that amusing. He obviously thought it was a laugh riot that the girl had turned around, but when she saw a young boy behind her, she let it go. He had a good laugh about that.

I don't know who all is on his List, lol. I'm sure I am now.

Befriend him or don't...but I wouldn't suggest leaving your daughter to stand in front of him in the dark. She might be the next funny joke.
OK, you've got me convinced. That is absolutely not funny at all. And to anyone who thinks it is, well, you've got a real sick sense of humor.

I shouldn't have even gotten involved here, having no idea of the situation. @real mad hatter, I know you came here looking for sympathy, but that is unacceptable. I shall continue to like your posts and follow your threads if you stay here, but I really hope for your sake that you don't make any "jokes" like that again-- either to yourself or to the entire world via an Internet forum.

Cheers,

-Zweiland

Zweiland

He's a great guy, if you discount the assaulting of young girls. So was Ted Bundy, if you don't count the pesky crime stuff.
In response to this sentence, which you added later...

VERY good point. Your case has been completely made and accepted.

Reactions: luv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom