Magical Moments Pins

orlandoparks

Original Poster
Can someone tell me where some of the spots are that set of these pins off? I know they do at the beginning of most lines. They also do in TT, ToT, Fireworks/Parades, PoTC, The Mexican boat ride(can't spell it), and a few other places where I can't remember right now. Also, I know they are triggered by IR, but where are the devices that put out the IR?

foxfire

Well, I'm far from an expert, but I wore all 5 @ my last visit to WDW and people were watching me more than the rides =) The IR devices are hidden in the rides, and I don't think they are visible...but I'll list the ones I "lit up" on and I hope it helps. This isn't a complete list....

- Who Wants to be a Millionaire - Play It! - MGM
- Ellen's Energy Encounter - Epcot
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Test Track
- Any of the 100 Years of Magic "trivia" stations at the parks

I'm sure there are dozens more, and hopefully they'll leave the rides programmed after the celebration is over.

s25843

Originally posted by foxfire
The IR devices are hidden in the rides, and I don't think they are visible...
It Dosent Use Infa-Red, it uses some kind of radio signal

For $16 a pin, they should put them in tons of places! LOL

They were also in some of the resorts

Davis224

Mine lasted for a week actually, both of mine from MGM and MK

Fantasmic sets them off like 4 seperate times. Small World finale room sets them off. So does the Haunted Mansion

dalton30720

The pins are RF-based. Does anyone have any info on what frequencies will set them off. I contacted Disney, but they were no help.

disneytati

Hi, guys!
I was at WDW in Oct, and I will try to remember as most as I can:

MK
Splash Mountain and Big thunder beginnings
Its a small world final scene
PoC battle scene
HM final (when you face the mirror and the ghost is sitting next to you)
Spectro magic end

MGM
ToT (just before the drop)
Who wants to be a mill...
Fantasmic (many times during the show)

Epcot
Mexican boat (El Rio del Tiempo)
Spaceship Earth entrance
Test Track

All the interactive kiosks
Some resorts

I don't remember more, but they work quite well and in different ways. The only problem is that I had to change batteries in five days!
Kisses from Brazil!!!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

NADisney

The pins also go off during "The Great Movie Ride" and the "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" .They also go off at the window displays about the 100th anniversery of Walt Disney located at Downtown Disney.

s25843

Originally posted by dalton30720
The pins are RF-based. Does anyone have any info on what frequencies will set them off. I contacted Disney, but they were no help.

Dont Hold your Breath:zipit: Disney would probally never tell

What would you need the frequencies for?

Figaro

I wanted to get one of these for my son when we go in Sept. I'm a little reluctant now if they are only going to last a few days. What kind of battereis do they take and do they sell them in the parks?

Pioneer Hall

I have to comment about the batteries. They are regular batteries, Disney can't control the fact that they burn out quickly. When you use something a lot, the batteries will die. And consider those pins run so much (on rides, and continuous touching by the owner to see it light up). And Disney even gives you an extra set of batteries so you can replace them. They warn you that they only last 2-4 days depending on use. Mine lasted me 3 park days and 3 days at home.

Davis224

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I have to comment about the batteries. They are regular batteries, Disney can't control the fact that they burn out quickly. When you use something a lot, the batteries will die. And consider those pins run so much (on rides, and continuous touching by the owner to see it light up). And Disney even gives you an extra set of batteries so you can replace them. They warn you that they only last 2-4 days depending on use. Mine lasted me 3 park days and 3 days at home.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Those pins last long eoungh for your stay. They give you extra batteries to make sure they last the length of your stay.
They are tens times more inventive and cooler than any other pins in any other park in the world, so people need to stop complaining about them!!!!!!!!!!!!

disneytati

Originally posted by Davis224

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Those pins last long eoungh for your stay. They give you extra batteries to make sure they last the length of your stay.
They are tens times more inventive and cooler than any other pins in any other park in the world, so people need to stop complaining about them!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right. They lasted enough for my stay, considering the extra batteries. I would also like to say that I LOOOOOVE the pins and the batteries ran out quicker because I could not stop pressing my pin to see it light up!!!! When I arrived back in Brazil, I had to spend more of the batteries to show everyone how the pin lights up, as there is nothing like this here in Brazil. You are right. We should not complain. I wish I had money to buy all the five pins.

Kisses from Brazil!!!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

dalton30720

Originally posted by s25843

Dont Hold your Breath:zipit: Disney would probally never tell

What would you need the frequencies for?

If I knew which frequencies triggered each pin to activate, then I could make them light up here at home just as they did at the WDW attractions. All it would take is a small transmitter set to the right frequency.

Yellow Shoes

Definitely buy the pins--they are too cool.

They take CR2032 batteries--you'll need 2 of them.

They are the disk-type batteries, about the size of a dime.

Should be able to get them at drugstores, Wal-Mart (in the jewelry or camera dept), etc.

I cannot imagine that they are not available at WDW, but you know they will be $$$$.

And, yes, the batteries probably do last longer if you resist the urge to keep setting the pin off, but why would you want to do that??

Shannon_Yensid

MGM

The Great Movie Ride sets the pins off, at the part with mickey it blinks and at the some of the 100 year squished penny things...

about the batteries, i got a new pin last week, and even though it was checked for the flight home, it's still blinking...i'm kinda shocked at that becasue the other pins we had worked for the week we were down, but don't work now (after the trip on the belly of an airplane)...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom