Magical Memories Game?

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me details about the Magical Memories Game? All I know is that it is some kind of hand held Mickey game which passes the time for kids waiting in line. Where can they be bought? Anyone use one at the park? Love to hear your experience

hellokitty1

do you mean the magical moments game?
it has games that "come on" depending on which rides you go on?

also can acess games other ways too i believe I saw one, but
it looked kinda cheesy.. at MGM in a kid's store

was about 20.00 dollars i believe never heard anything or saw
anyone with one,

sorry I couldnt help

Grumpy56

Original Poster
hello kitty1,
Thanks for your response, I think it must be "magical moments", my memory's not that good!:animwink:

I read about it in a trip report awhile ago. I thought it might be fun for my 9 and 12 year olds during our upcoming trip.

I'll just check it out when I get there, thanks for trying!

DanStat

Those are the "Magical Moments" games that can be found throughout the park. They are $20...they're really neat!

The Mom

Premium Member
I bought one for my son. He liked it, but thought it was "really hard." He has a Gameboy which he plays a lot, but he's only 8, so it might be more fun for an older child.

I felt it was worth the money. He wasn't with me when I bought it, so we had to activate it at home, not by visiting the parks, which might have made it more fun.

kal1484

My little sister has one. The games are kinda difficult, but if they don't have a gameboy it's great, my sister has a gameboy advanced, so she likes that better, but the disney one is still cool.

David

Originally posted by hellokitty1
do you mean the magical moments game?
it has games that "come on" depending on which rides you go on?

also can acess games other ways too i believe I saw one, but
it looked kinda cheesy.. at MGM in a kid's store

was about 20.00 dollars i believe never heard anything or saw
anyone with one,

sorry I couldnt help

What type of games are on this?

tenchu

Sounds cool. If they're too addictive though you might not even notice the rides once you're on them!

MGMBoy

I actually picked up a Magical Moments Game at Property Control. ;) It is a kick. You carry it around with you and when you approach attractions (The courtyard for R'n'RC, just outside the Dino Institute for Dinosaur, Under the Sorcer hat for Disney-MGM Studios, etc.) it will start to beep. Push any button and Sorcerer Mickey comes out, waves his wand, and unlocks the game. Compared to Game Boy/GBA it's nothing but it is still kind of fun. The places I KNOW you can find it are Under the Sorcer Hat and in the Town Square Expo Hall. As for games...

Cinderella Castle is a pretty hard side-scrolling thing (Like Super Mario Bros.) where you control Mickey and are getting into the Castle.

It's a Small World...I've never really figured out the purpose of this one.

Big Thunder Mt. has you side-scrolling through the mountain looking for gold.

Splash Mt. is a weird one where you're controlling a Splash Mt. log down the flume.

Walt Disney Studios is a pinball game.

Kilimanjaro Safaris is a lot like Breakout/Arknoid (hit the ball up and break bricks)

Test Track is actually pretty fun. Puts you through 4 different road tests.

Hollywood Tower Hotel is like a goofy version of Elevator Action (trying to get to the top floor though)

It's Tough to be a Bug is a Frogger knock-off.

The Haunted Mansion defies description save to say it's unique. :)

Space Mt. is like Galaga (Your ship on bottom shooting enemy ship waves on the top)

Dinosaur has you in a Time Rover collecting Dino Eggs (I think)

R'N'RC has you cruising forward and swinging Mickey around the screen to avoid signs and the like.

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience is another one that defies description. Kind of like Tetris is the best I can do.

Pirates has you side-scrolling on a pirate ship looking for treasure.

Spaceship Earth has you flying through the past. Kind of hard to describe other then that.

Cool thing is that if you miss some attractions on your trip they'll automatically unlock when you type in a code shown in the instructions or after 14 days but it is more fun to watch Sorcerer Mickey do it. :)

Hope that helps. TTFN.

DanStat

Let me get this straight...once you finish all of the games, you can play them again, right? And...can you change the batteries??? :confused:

MGMBoy

Yes you can play the games again. You can play them as much as you want to and try to beat past high scores. As for batteries...All ou need to change them is a small (glasses size) screwdriver and 2 AAA batteries. (I think it's AAA. It might be AA though.)

The Mom

Premium Member
I bought one at Mouse Gears in Epcot. Just be careful...there were a couple of weird people there taking pictures of my feet!! ;)

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for the info, esp you MGMBoy. It actually sounds like it might be kind of fun for the kids, since we are going at the end of March and will be standing in some lines!

DanStat

Originally posted by Grumpy56
Thanks to everyone for the info, esp you MGMBoy. It actually sounds like it might be kind of fun for the kids, since we are going at the end of March and will be standing in some lines!
Lines aren't that bad in the end of March! Thats when we go...not that bad...

Originally posted by The Mom
I bought one at Mouse Gears in Epcot. Just be careful...there were a couple of weird people there taking pictures of my feet!! ;)
;)

Whats up with that? :confused: :lookaroun

Just think...some one has a picture of your feet somewhere...I would take it as a compliment! :fork:

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by disneyprep50321

Lines aren't that bad in the end of March! Thats when we go...not that bad...

;)

Whats up with that? :confused: :lookaroun

Just think...some one has a picture of your feet somewhere...I would take it as a compliment! :fork:

I'm sorry! That was an "inside" joke, sort of. Somewhere in the forum photo archives there's a picture of my, and 2 other forum member's, feet taken the same night I purchased the game!

DisneyFreak721

does anyone have any screen shots of the games or pictures of the unit itself? I'm going in a few days and I am thinking about purchasing one. Is it in color, or is it like those cheap little video poker/slot machine games that can be bought in a drug store? Any info would help greatly!

kal1484

If you don't have a game boy, then they are great! They keep kids entertained while on buses. :) but if they have a GB, they think they are kinda boring...

DanStat

Originally posted by The Mom

I'm sorry! That was an "inside" joke, sort of. Somewhere in the forum photo archives there's a picture of my, and 2 other forum member's, feet taken the same night I purchased the game!

I remember that picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom