Magical Express Question

Dwarful

We arrive at Pop Dec. 19th. My husband is flying in Dec. 23rd because of work. I have called Disney twice and talked to two different CMs. Both times they have told me 'You can only set up ME for your arrival and departure dates'. I explained that we are driving and my husband is flying. They will set up the return because he is leaving the same date we do. So...has anyone else been told this? Will the 3rd time be a charm? Should I just make other transportation arrangements for him? I decided to wait to call tomorrow...but surely I am not the first that needed to do this.

Disney4family

Definitely call them directly. The last time we used a family friend as a travel agent (over a decade ago) she messed up and didn't get us set up with DME. She came up with lame excuses. I pulled out my info from the previous trip, called them and got our luggage tags that week. They are so helpful.

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

Although it was years ago and things may have changed, My parents once went where the people in their two rooms had 3 different arrival dates. All of them were able to take Magical Express no problem.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Absolutely incorrect, you can definitely use DME with different arrival and/or departure dates for different members of your party. As suggested call DME directly, they are really helpful!! Have a wonderful holiday trip! Marie

Upvote 0

Rob562

Others have already voted, but I'll add my vote for calling DME directly. The CM's at Central Reservations/407-W-DISNEY are fine for simple things like everyone arriving and departing together, but I've found they have difficulty with trying anything out-of-the-ordinary such as multiple flights, varying arrival/departure dates or wanting to take DME from or to MCO when you aren't arriving/leaving there on a plane. For those instances it's always best to call DME (Mears) directly.

-Rob

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

You can definitely have different arrival/departure dates. I've been added to a reservation as a day guest after the other parties checked in and booked my DME while they were already on property to arrive mid trip.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Yes, sorry it took me so long to post. I called them directly and it was no big deal. They couldn't believe I had several attempts with CMs...ok well he could believe it...but he just didn't think it was still going on. The guy said it happens on a regular almost daily basis. Not sure why I kept getting 'that CM' who didn't seem to know it was possible. Thanks for the direct line!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom