Magical Express - Only one way

Ana Klein

Original Poster
Hey there!

I'm going to visit Universal and Disney on Xmas week.

I land at MCO at approx. 10pm and travel (probably with Uber) with my family of 6 to Universal' resort.

After a few days we are going to be staying in a Disney's resort, and then return to MCO to rent a car to travel to Miami.

My question is-

We would like to use the Magical Express to get back to the airport.

When trying to book Magical Express online, they ask me for my flight no., which I do not have since I'm not flaying back yet...

Any suggestions?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You need a flight number in order to book DME from your resort to MCO, because pick up times are scheduled in advance.

Pick up times are approximately 3-3.5 hours before domestic departure, 4-4.5 hours ahead for international.

Figure an hour (probably won’t take that long) to get from your resort to MCO. So if you want to be at the airport at noon (pick up time will be around 11 am) you need to find a flight that departs around 8 am and use that flight information on your reservation form. It doesn’t matter what airline or arrival city, DME does not verify that you have tickets on any flight.

You can always rent a car from Alamo which is on Disney property and save yourself the hassle of returning to the airport.

Ana Klein

Original Poster
You need a flight number in order to book DME from your resort to MCO, because pick up times are scheduled in advance.

Pick up times are approximately 3-3.5 hours before domestic departure, 4-4.5 hours ahead for international.

Figure an hour (probably won’t take that long) to get from your resort to MCO. So if you want to be at the airport at noon (pick up time will be around 11 am) you need to find a flight that departs around 8 am and use that flight information on your reservation form. It doesn’t matter what airline or arrival city, DME does not verify that you have tickets on any flight.

You can always rent a car from Alamo which is on Disney property and save yourself the hassle of returning to the airport.

Oh, great ideas! Thank you very much! 🙏
Oh,

Rob562

Actually you don't need to provide fake flight info. Just call DME directly to set it up. (866)599-0951
They'll ask what time you'd like to leave your resort and will book you on the closest scheduled bus.

-Rob

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Actually you don't need to provide fake flight info. Just call DME directly to set it up. (866)599-0951
They'll ask what time you'd like to leave your resort and will book you on the closest scheduled bus.

-Rob
Since the OP mentioned online scheduling I thought she might be an international traveler and unable to call DME directly. Otherwise I would have given your advice. :happy:

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
ME has been very flexible with us. One time we arrived in the airport without an ME resevervation. We called them to let them know our ride fell thru and we'd like to use ME to get to our WDW resort. They said no problem, go stand on the line to board the next bus.

Another time, someone in my party needed to leave a few days earlier than the rest of us at AKL. We called one day in advance and they let her use ME.

I don't know if we just got lucky but they were very helpful when we needed them. We usually rent a car and don't often use ME.

Ana Klein

Original Poster
ME has been very flexible with us. One time we arrived in the airport without an ME resevervation. We called them to let them know our ride fell thru and we'd like to use ME to get to our WDW resort. They said no problem, go stand on the line to board the next bus.

Another time, someone in my party needed to leave a few days earlier than the rest of us at AKL. We called one day in advance and they let her use ME.

I don't know if we just got lucky but they were very helpful when we needed them. We usually rent a car and don't often use ME.

Thanks, good to know!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom