MAGICAL EXPRESS(i know another one)

bears163

i just want to get this figured out. one i can not believe us air is not involved with disney. another thing is that i have read in other places that it really does not matter what airline you use you can still use it. is this true? please if you know what is really going one please let me know.

Lauriebar

From what I understand, as long as you are flying into Orlando International Airport and arrange for the service at least ten days in advance and have a Magic your Way package you can use the service.

Upvote 0

cj2me

I think it is only with specific airlines. I would have to think that the airlines would have to be trained on what tags to look for and how to check them in and where to unload them. I'm sure the airlines participating get some kind of benefit for teaming up with Disney and MCO.

I dont find it surprising that US AIR is not participating. WIth all their talk about Bankruptcy over the past year.

Upvote 0

Raven66

From what I understand, if you are not using one of the suggested airlines you can still use Magic Express. The catch is, you have to take care of your own luggage. Pick it up from luggage claim and all that. If you are using one of the suggested airlines a Disney rep. takes care of all that for you. I was just told by a reservations CM last night that we will be met at the gate and taken to the Disney kiosk (sp?) and then taken to the bus. He also told me that the plan right now is a bus will run every 15-20 mins. But we won't know anything for sure until the service starts May 5th.

I hope this helps. :wave:

Upvote 0

Raven66

DonaldD1987 said:
what airlines are part of magical express??

If you look at DukeEarthwalker's post, he has a link there and I know someone in that other thread wrote down which ones. I know Delta for sure because that is the one we are using. :)

Upvote 0

debndon

we are flying in to orlando on a canadian airline. they said there was no problem that as long as we were arriving at Orlando Int'l Airport we were entitled to the maigcal express.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

OK guys, For the best possible information seriously look at the other posting as there is a very clear concise explanation on what benefits are included and which are excluded because you arent flying with a participating airline!!! Belle

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

To hopfully clear things up for everyone...

There are two new but very different services that Disney will provide to guests starting on May 5, 2005 staying at a Disney Resort.

Disney's Magical Express is a free passenger and luggage transfer between the Orlando International Airport and your Disney Resort Hotel. It can be booked round trip or one way and is available to anyone staying at a Disney owned and operated Resort, who is flying into and or out of Orlando International Airport (regardless of airline) with there flight dates matching their resort stay dates. The transfer of your luggage from the airport directly to your resort room is included.

Disney's Resort Airline Check-In Service allows guest on select airlines to check their baggage and pick up their boarding pass for their departure flight from the lobby of their Disney Resort Hotel. This service is only available to guest flying with American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta (including Song,) and United Airlines (including Ted.)

The services complement each other but are completely separate of each other, as guest can use either service or both services.

My Source: Disney Reservation Center Folios Finger Tip Facts Information Database. (in otherwords, I am a Disney Reservation Agent and am getting my information directly from official sources within Disney)

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

I have a few questions about Magical Express. First, does anyone know if it matters what time your flights come in? My arrival will be around midnight and then I will have to go through customs and my departure flight is at six in the morning so I will have to leave for the airport really early. I hope they will still be able to accomodate me. I also have another question that I hope someone will be able to answer. What will happen if your flight is delayed or changed? This has happened to me on almost every trip I've taken to the states in the past. In fact my flights on this trip have already been changed so I wouldn't be surprised if they changed again. Thanks in advance.:)

Upvote 0

bears163

Original Poster
JPVonDrake said:
To hopfully clear things up for everyone...

There are two new but very different services that Disney will provide to guests starting on May 5, 2005 staying at a Disney Resort.

Disney's Magical Express is a free passenger and luggage transfer between the Orlando International Airport and your Disney Resort Hotel. It can be booked round trip or one way and is available to anyone staying at a Disney owned and operated Resort, who is flying into and or out of Orlando International Airport (regardless of airline) with there flight dates matching their resort stay dates. The transfer of your luggage from the airport directly to your resort room is included.

Disney's Resort Airline Check-In Service allows guest on select airlines to check their baggage and pick up their boarding pass for their departure flight from the lobby of their Disney Resort Hotel. This service is only available to guest flying with American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta (including Song,) and United Airlines (including Ted.)

The services complement each other but are completely separate of each other, as guest can use either service or both services.

My Source: Disney Reservation Center Folios Finger Tip Facts Information Database. (in otherwords, I am a Disney Reservation Agent and am getting my information directly from official sources within Disney)

thank you for clearing this whole thing up :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

PamelaNiebergal said:
I have a few questions about Magical Express. First, does anyone know if it matters what time your flights come in? My arrival will be around midnight and then I will have to go through customs and my departure flight is at six in the morning so I will have to leave for the airport really early. I hope they will still be able to accomodate me. I also have another question that I hope someone will be able to answer. What will happen if your flight is delayed or changed? This has happened to me on almost every trip I've taken to the states in the past. In fact my flights on this trip have already been changed so I wouldn't be surprised if they changed again. Thanks in advance.:)

Sure I can answer your questions...

It does not matter what time you arrive as Disney's Magical Express service will operate 24 hours a day. Most likely you will not be the only ones regardless of the hour.

If Orlando is your first port of entry into the United States then you will claim your luggage after debarking the plane (luggage is not transferred to Baggage Claim at this point). You will proceed through the Customs process with your luggage. When complete, you will return your luggage to the carousel outside Customs to be transferred to Baggage Claim. Disney's Magical Express Service will pull your luggage on your behalf at that time. If Orlando is not your first port of entry into the United States then you have already completed the Customs process and do not have to claim luggage.

If you flight changes before you depart home, contact the Disney Reservation Center to modify your reservation. If your departure flight changes, contact your resort's front desk.

As far as flight delays, Disney asks for your flight infomation when you book so we can monitor all flights and will reschedule your transfer to accomidate any delays.

It is estimated that from the time you pass through security and are greeted by a Disney Cast Member at the airport to the time you are at the front desk of your resort will be 45 minutes or less. It is also planned that your luggage will almost always beat you to your room regardless of your arrival time.

Upvote 0
Actually there will be actual hours for the DME. (can not recall them off the top of my head) BUT...with that being said...as long as Disney is aware of your flight times they WILL be there for you. So they will run the service 24 hrs if needed. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom