Magical Express from a different resort?

MattyFresh

I am finally getting to go back, and October can't get here soon enough!! I am thinking about booking breakfast at Kona for kind of a farewell to Disney. My question is, do I need to plan to get back to POR to catch ME back to MCO, or is there away for me to catch ME from Poly back to MCO?? Any help, ideas, or suggestions would be great!

CleveRocks

Yeh, it's gotta be from your own resort. DME is a function of resort reservations.

You could imagine the difficulty ... so may people would opt to get picked up at the monorail resorts or Beach/Yacht Club or BoardWalk Inn.

Upvote 0

fredtom

If you were able to catch DME from a different resort other than where you're staying, you would have to find a way to get your luggage there.

"An Adventurer's life is best!"
:lol:

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

Original Poster
If you were able to catch DME from a different resort other than where you're staying, you would have to find a way to get your luggage there.

"An Adventurer's life is best!"
:lol:

why couldn't you just check your luggage at the resort you are staying, and then catch ME from somewhere else?

I understand the other points that were brought up and why it would be such a nightmare if you caught it from a different resort.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

why couldn't you just check your luggage at the resort you are staying, and then catch ME from somewhere else?

I understand the other points that were brought up and why it would be such a nightmare if you caught it from a different resort.

In many cases, except when you are using the Resort Airline checkin process, your luggage rides with you on the same bus - and is dropped off with you when you get to the airport for you to take. If you aren't on the bus, what will they do with the luggage?

The Disney/DME computers and the DME process aren't programmed to handle your scenario. Your DME is tied to your resort reservation, they are expecting to pick you up at the resort you are a guest at.

This allows them to anticipate the capacity needed for each resort and for each time of day. If a bus is scheduled to make 4 stops, and they know from their systems that the bus will be full by the 4th stop, and then you show up at the Poly wanting to board, they won't have room for you.

I'm not saying that they couldn't eventually allow for this, but the current system doesn't.

Unless, of course, you call DME and they tell you otherwise!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom