MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Sir_Cliff

Welp here we go.. curious to see how the wait times will be affected.

Yes, also very curious to see how this works. Until they start bundling this into resort and ticket packages, I envision the odd guest occasionally coming across a particularly long wait and deciding to just pay to skip the queue once or twice during their day in the park. Hard to imagine entire families paying those prices. I guess they may not need many people an hour to take that option for it to be profitable and will make it more tempting with lower prices during the slower times of year.

RoyalFool

Welp here we go.. curious to see how the wait times will be affected.

In the UK the Merlin parks have "one-shot fastpass" tickets which work almost the same way, they allow you from the app to buy a fastpass for any ride, and unlike the fastpass packages, there is no limit on them (i.e. they don't sell out). Pricing wise they are around £12-15 per ride per person which is very similar to what DLRP are pricing theirs at.

The sad news is they sell very well, and for far inferior attractions to what Disney have. It's a real shame to see Disney lowering themselves to this level, once you've paid for your ticket into the park you should have the exact same experience and treatment as everyone else imo.

Max Fan

All About DISNEY PREMIER ACCESS

Discover all about Disney Premier Access Disney Premier Access puts an end to the free FastPass at Disneyland Paris The number of attractions benefiting from Premier Access will evolve Premier Access prices may vary

To accompany you: the Cast Members of Premier Access and the Guests Experience will be there to help you

peep

Curious - has anyone experienced standby pass yet? I'm curious as to how that works and how long you actually end up waiting in line...

I saw a few tweets where people tested it. It just uses the original FastPass lines so in 99% of situations it's not worth it.

I'd hope the price point puts people off so it makes the normal queue move at a better pace but the UK Merlin parks (and some other European parks) have shown me that no price point is too high. I'd argue that at least in those parks the queue merge point is usually a lot closer to the station.

cjkeating

I saw a few tweets where people tested it. It just uses the original FastPass lines so in 99% of situations it's not worth it.

I'd hope the price point puts people off so it makes the normal queue move at a better pace but the UK Merlin parks (and some other European parks) have shown me that no price point is too high. I'd argue that at least in those parks the queue merge point is usually a lot closer to the station.
If the price comes down more people will use it and the free Standby waits will go up.

In my opinion we need just the right amount people to use this to make DLP money but to keep the Standby lines low and fair.

Stevie Amsterdam

If the price comes down more people will use it and the free Standby waits will go up.

In my opinion we need just the right amount people to use this to make DLP money but to keep the Standby lines low and fair.
In my opinion, I honestly hope this experiment fails so hard that they quietly remove it from the parks and don’t even think about implementing this in the US parks.

One can hope, right? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Markiewong

He is talking about the standby pass, not the premier access. We don't know how many capacity is allotted to DPA, but wait times haven't taken a hit yet in the last three days.

Update: Added wait times for the 6th of august, second day that DPA has started. Notice how low the waiting times are overal. Removal of FP and the limited crowds due to all regulations are a blessing if you plan to visit Disney for attractions.
1628262786069.png

1628262802437.png

Update 2: Added wait times for a saturday, which is the most busiest day. The predicted scenarios haven't happened yet.
1628345764687.png

1628345779837.png

Last edited:

cjkeating

He is talking about the standby pass, not the premier access. We don't know how many capacity is allotted to DPA, but wait times haven't taken a hit yet in the last three days.

Update: Added wait times for the 6th of august, second day that DPA has started. Notice how low the waiting times are overal. Removal of FP and the limited crowds due to all regulations are a blessing if you plan to visit Disney for attractions.
Completely agree. These (nearly all) look like the normal queue times for attractions with Fastpass or the deserved queue times for attractions that have Fastpass which with Fastpass would have been higher without it.

The only outlier is Phantom Manor which I assume has a stretching room down as it never has the longest wait in the park. Weird.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Completely agree. These (nearly all) look like the normal queue times for attractions with Fastpass or the deserved queue times for attractions that have Fastpass which with Fastpass would have been higher without it.

The only outlier is Phantom Manor which I assume has a stretching room down as it never has the longest wait in the park. Weird.

Those waits are consistent with what we saw about 2 weeks ago. As for Phantom Manor, they limit it to 13 “parties“ in the stretching room - they assign you a number to stand on. As we were a party of 2, and number 13, I didn’t really pay attention if larger parties got broken up into smaller groups.

Markiewong

The real question here is: how many people are using the DPA queue right now? For all attractions you can still buy tickets within the current time slot. As mentioned above here, in the past this would be >1.5h, as it stands theres almost no (none?) impact on the standby line.
1628418270701.png

wdrive

The real question here is: how many people are using the DPA queue right now? For all attractions you can still buy tickets within the current time slot. As mentioned above here, in the past this would be >1.5h, as it stands theres almost no (none?) impact on the standby line.

From what I can gather from current wait times and pass availability, not very many at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom