MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Stevie Amsterdam

Seeing some reports that Free Fast passes are going in DLRP in August and replaced with a paid only option. Apparently being called' Premier Access' which is the same as it's called in Shanghai and oddly in line with the premium for jumping the queue for Movies on Disney+

I'd expect that this will happen at all resorts.

Personally, if it means standby lines will move a lot faster, is it a bad thing?
I don’t think a lot of Europeans are fine with this, so I expect the standby lines to be longer.

Markiewong

I don’t think a lot of Europeans are fine with this, so I expect the standby lines to be longer.
The opposite actually. Where 70% of the capacity would go to Fastpass normally, only 10/20% would go to premier access making the standby lines shorter. They had to price it at a higher point, otherwise everybody would buy it diminishing the point.

Stevie Amsterdam

The opposite actually. Where 70% of the capacity would go to Fastpass normally, only 10/20% would go to premier access making the standby lines shorter. They had to price it at a higher point, otherwise everybody would buy it diminishing the point.
This is a business model. To drive revenue from this pReMiErE aCcEsS I can think of a variety of ways to drive it up. One being slowing down standby lines.

Stevie Amsterdam

Historically, Europeans do not take it well when the rich become too comfortable with their lavish and decadent lifestyles. I predict shaming by booing the guests who paid for premiere access. I can even see a rotten egg* being thrown from the angry European mob towards those who dare to walk the red pluche known as the premiere access line.

* tomatoe, if you're vegan.

Stevie Amsterdam

I’d be shocked if they purposely slowed down standby lines to try make people pay.
I'd be shocked if they didn't manipulate the standby line in any way or form. Remember, this is a revenue model. Selling hundreds of fastpasses to families of 4 or more, while doing nothing in return other than letting those people skip the lines. It's not like they're selling you food or merch. This is free money for Disney and they know it. I honestly hope that this backfires so badly that it blows up in their faces.

Toni25

Honestly it was expected that something like this would happen since they had MASSIVE losses during the pandemic, I'm not too shocked.
People might flood the parks too after such a long break from "attractions".

Markiewong

Phantasialand, Walibi, Parc Asterix? They all offer paid skip-the-line passes. Its not that uncommon as you make it look like.
None of them purposely slow down the standby line to sell more passes, outside of the standard practices like using less trains during low season. The issue lays with how many of these passes you are selling. Port Aventura sells them in such a huge quantity that you are basically forced to buy them to enjoy your time.

Snowwhitesprinces says he would only buy it if it was 10 euros for the entire day. Making it that cheap means everybody would buy it and the wait times for the standby line would skyrocket. As a result everybody is going to buy one. Pricing it at this point makes it an ‘exclusive’ product. Similar to the already preciously existing VIP fastpass, hotel fastpass, ultimate fastpass and the VIP tours.

In the end it all comes down to how many Disney is going to sell per time slot. (Note how they work with time slots so the standby line is not going to stand still suddenly).

J4546

im not against paid fast pass as long as standby stays honest and true, and isnt manipulated to sell more fast passes. Also I wouldnt pay more than like 5 bucks per ride. Id rather pay extra up front for access to the fast line, like an extra 50 bucks or something giving me access to fp lanes all day

AndyS2992

Disneyland Paris has had the option for premium Fastpases for a few years now, nothing new. Just the free option has been supposedly been axed. I always visit in the off season where the parks are pretty dead anyway so never use FP but a shame for the summer months I guess.

wdrive

I'd be shocked if they didn't manipulate the standby line in any way or form. Remember, this is a revenue model. Selling hundreds of fastpasses to families of 4 or more, while doing nothing in return other than letting those people skip the lines. It's not like they're selling you food or merch. This is free money for Disney and they know it. I honestly hope that this backfires so badly that it blows up in their faces.

I guess we’ll see.
Personally I feel this will speed up standby lines.

Brummyboy92

I can't see a paid access system going down well at all, the least European Europeans with a big park presence are the Brits, and I can't see this being popular with them either. I guess if it makes the standby lines shorter though, it can only be a good thing for most.

Robbiem

This is effectively bringing back ticket books but keeping park entry so effectively double dipping. Paris could well be the pilot for a wider roll out

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom