MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I presume/hope they’ll move over to refurbing the Studios after. Didn’t they put off fixing the floor in Ratatouille? When was the last time Crush’s Coaster had a real in-depth refurb?
Neither were looking like they needed show work last September - not saying they don’t of course. Tower has had its exterior and interior overhaul and the legacy attractions have either closed or are changed. Replacing paving has been ongoing too.

Im interested to see what and how the 2007 Tower placemaking project blends into the new extension.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
To be honest I’ve lost track now. It’s gone far beyond the original scope. I guess we can hope the Mark Twain gets the attention it needs sometime, and the possibly last big project will be the deferred Disneyland Hotel. That’s unlikely to be before the 30th - but at least they’ve fixed the long running joke of the hotels roof lighting!

Last I heard for DL Hotel was it closing in January 2022. That was just an online rumor I saw, I don't have any insider leads.

Despite all that they've done, I worry they'll skip Mark Twain. :(

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I want a real Hollywood Blvd.

The park needs a real Hollywood Blvd.

Can we please get a real Hollywood Blvd?
As interested as I am in what’ll remain of the 2007 place making, I’m just as intrigued as to what they’ll do with what is looking like a massive walk to the lake with.... not a lot on the way. The Reign of Fire area should be a priority to flesh it out with...something...of quality. Plus they have the conundrum of the ex MA arena.

The physical expansion offers more questions than it answers.

Markiewong

Last I heard for DL Hotel was it closing in January 2022. That was just an online rumor I saw, I don't have any insider leads.

Despite all that they've done, I worry they'll skip Mark Twain. :(
This was not only a online rumor. It was supposed to start in March of this year. However if you try to book dates for this summer - march 2022, Disneyland Hotel is not available on any date. Maybe theres a chance that they are already starting on the refurbishment.

cjkeating

This was not only a online rumor. It was supposed to start in March of this year. However if you try to book dates for this summer - march 2022, Disneyland Hotel is not available on any date. Maybe theres a chance that they are already starting on the refurbishment.
Disneyland Hotel is a weird one. They clearly want it open and not covered in tarps for the 30th but now would be the perfect time for it to happen. But with HNY still not finished I would assume the team doing that would transfer over to DLH? Maybe they can get the exterior work and one wing done in a year? But I feel like that would be pushing it especially in a COVID environment.

cjkeating

Reading this thread has been a breath of fresh air for my home resort. So much positivity about the resort. Can’t wait till the new Village and WDS expansions/redesigns are completed.
Disneyland Paris certainly has a lot going for it right now and has done rather consistently for many years. I just hope that despite their COVID closures and associated financial results they are able to continue investing as they have been doing and plan to do for the foreseeable future.

britain

As interested as I am in what’ll remain of the 2007 place making, I’m just as intrigued as to what they’ll do with what is looking like a massive walk to the lake with.... not a lot on the way. The Reign of Fire area should be a priority to flesh it out with...something...of quality. Plus they have the conundrum of the ex MA arena.

The physical expansion offers more questions than it answers.

It looks about as long as the walk out of WDW’s Fantasmic. Or the walk from international gateway to boardwalk. I dare them to show some restraint not line that promenade with food carts and merch kiosks!

G.L.A.D.I.O

957e5e10.jpg

Toni25

Didn't expect them to change the color scheme. I am so curious how it looks inside 😭
I heard they changed some targets, lighting, painting, I bet it looks amazing. It was my first ride stepping into Disneyland back in 2014 and never being in the parks, my mind was blown at how fun, creative and beautiful it looked haha, I guess my standards where pretty low.
I still hate the style of it and I think it does NOT match Discoveryland at all and hope it will be gone one day and changed by something more Jules Verne-y. But I'm glad it looks fresh at least!

cjkeating

Didn't expect them to change the color scheme. I am so curious how it looks inside 😭
I heard they changed some targets, lighting, painting, I bet it looks amazing. It was my first ride stepping into Disneyland back in 2014 and never being in the parks, my mind was blown at how fun, creative and beautiful it looked haha, I guess my standards where pretty low.
I still hate the style of it and I think it does NOT match Discoveryland at all and hope it will be gone one day and changed by something more Jules Verne-y. But I'm glad it looks fresh at least!
If you walk into Discoveryland from the hub and don't look left you can almost pretend it isn't there! That's what I do at least and hope the Fantasyland bypass is open so I can exit that way. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom