MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

fradz

Brummyboy92

I'm becoming increasingly concerned around the potential closure of the resort. There have been 191 confirmed cases of Corona-virus in France now, less than 100 cases between France & Japan, could they realistically be forced to shut?

If so, this could be a disastrous year for Disney. :(

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From Twitter
DLP Report
@DLPReport
·
2h
French Minister of Health Olivier Veran explained on
@BFMTV
that Disneyland Paris has not been closed because it is not considered confined. Many areas and queues are outdoors and the usual protective gestures apply. He added that all his decisions are based on rational science

Stevie Amsterdam

I love this and I love that DLP is doing this for International Women´s Day:

89124653_1288724141317615_6380905888009420800_o.jpg

89620693_1288724014650961_274423168691601408_o.jpg

Mini's flowers in front of the Disneyland hotel, instead of Mickey's.

Source: ED92 on Facebook

IMDREW

I would have much preferred something like TDS's Fantasy Springs for WDS expansion. I'm just not feeling all the mini lands this park is and will still be after the expansion. That's one of the main problems with WDS (imho) that they're not addressing. Sure it will be MILES better than what was there before, but I would have loved just a redesign of the existing park, and entrance especially, and a Fantasy Springs level mega land added..

SweetDuffy101

I think its kinda a trend with Disney As of late, One expansion 1 attraction, 2 restaurants and shops. Thats it. With regards to WDS and TDS is that they have mini lands with 1 major Attraction unlike past generations where all attractions are integrated into 1 area not just multiple IP.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
For Galaxy's Edge at Walt Disney Studios what will it feature? Will it include Smuggler's Run and Rise of the Resistance?

So far, there have been no official and additional announcements/updates regarding Star Wars Land in the Studios. It's not even called "Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge" in the original press release, though the concept art of the land for the expansion project does look like Batuu with all the rockwork. The rumors say that the marquee ride for this land (at least after Phase 1) would be Rise of the Resistance, though imho, the Imagineers should really rethink the operation of this ride in Paris and not just copy-paste what they did in DL and DHS.

The Grand Inquisitor

So far, there have been no official and additional announcements/updates regarding Star Wars Land in the Studios. It's not even called "Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge" in the original press release, though the concept art of the land for the expansion project does look like Batuu with all the rockwork. The rumors say that the marquee ride for this land (at least after Phase 1) would be Rise of the Resistance, though imho, the Imagineers should really rethink the operation of this ride in Paris and not just copy-paste what they did in DL and DHS.
Interesting. I though it was going to be a carbon copy of Batuu. I'm very curious to see what they will do now.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I think its kinda a trend with Disney. As of late, One expansion 1 attraction, 2 restaurants and shops. Thats it. With regards to WDS and TDS is that they have mini lands with 1 major Attraction unlike past generations where all attractions are integrated into 1 area not just multiple IP.

Both Fantasy Springs in TDS and Frozen Land in HKDL are getting more than 1 attraction though in their respective expansions though? Fantasy Springs will be getting (according to @przidentkendall at least):
  1. Frozen Ever After
  2. A Pixie Hollow-themed flat ride
  3. A Peter Pan-themed ride (rumored to be a new take on Soarin'/Flight of Passage)
  4. A Tangled-themed boat ride
While HKDL's Frozen Land, which will be considered part of Fantasyland I believe, will be getting:
  1. Frozen Ever After
  2. Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs

Personally, I feel like the Studios is getting the short end of the stick here in its expansion, considering that it will receive rides/experiences that are either clones from other parks (almost everything in Avengers Campus, Frozen Ever After, Rise of the Resistance**) or rethemes of existing rides (Iron Man coaster). Studios need a unique E-ticket attraction not seen in any Disney park or at the very least, a new take on a current ride (think Shanghai's POTC) to boost attendance.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Interesting. I though it was going to be a carbon copy of Batuu. I'm very curious to see what they will do now.

Same here, especially after the rather cool (edit: lukewarm) reactions from guests and Star Wars fans alike on Batuu. I absolutely hope that the Imagineers will go back to the drawing board and rethink and redesign Paris' Star Wars Land with the US guests' reactions in mind.

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
With the Tour de France cancelled (June 27 start date), it's safe to assume DLP will not be open until well into the summer.

Not necessarily. Sports events also require training, which cannot be carried out in some countries (or not in ideal conditions) for a sufficient length of time before the event is to occur. Cancellation protects against accusations of unfair treatment, etc, between teams whose members did not have the same access to training while being “locked down“.

fradz

Not necessarily. Sports events also require training, which cannot be carried out in some countries (or not in ideal conditions) for a sufficient length of time before the event is to occur. Cancellation protects against accusations of unfair treatment, etc, between teams whose members did not have the same access to training while being “locked down“.
FRANCE: Lockdown extended until 11th of May, public gathering places (restaurants, festivals, movie theaters, etc. for sure including Theme Parks too) until at least Mid-July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom